Employee Communications Manager
The Employee Communications Manager at The RealReal will be part of a team breaking new ground by designing and operating a recently established Employee Communications function. In this role, you will create new processes that are designed to evolve and expand while fostering connectivity, collaboration and engagement across the company. This is an opportunity to be a creative and strategic storyteller by bringing to life the values and priorities of The RealReal through an employee lens using written and multimedia, cross-channel communications. Your can-do attitude and attention for detail is balanced with priority management, which together drive positive, measurable outcomes.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Identify storytelling opportunities that showcase business priorities, values, culture and community through the lens of The RealReal employees
- Develop multi-channel content, including written, visual and video, for company-wide, departmental and leader dissemination
- Act as an internal newsroom manager by identifying business initiatives and human stories of interest of The RealReal community and facilitating their ideation, execution and publication
- Support the design, processes and implementation of a technology-driven employee communications platform to transform how The RealReal communicates with employees and employees communicate with each other
- Source and measure metrics that demonstrate adoption and engagement in order to innovate and inform internal communications strategies
- Support content development and presentation execution for leader-led and engagement-based company events, such as company-wide meetings and recognition activations
- Partner with major functions such as Operations, Retail & Luxury Consignment Offices and Sales to support their unique planned and unplanned communications needs
- Provide sound counsel based on communications expertise and effectively collaborate with a wide range of internal stakeholders
- Gather actionable insights that inform internal communications efforts and initiatives
What You Bring To The Role
- 6+ years experience working in communications or journalism fields
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher learning institution, ideally in a communications or content development specialty
- Proven ability to write clearly and creatively to convey strategic, sensitive or complicated issues, and relate the material to an internal audience through multimedia communications assets – recent samples must be available
- Exceptional aptitude taking initiative, moving quickly, multi-tasking, and paying attention to details to support urgent and unforeseen communications needs, while driving existing strategies
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with technology-based communications tools to deliver information, guide adoption, track engagement and report metrics, highly preferred
- Must be a self starter who can thrive working independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated background supporting executive and business communications, preferably in a consumer-facing tech industry.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and flex with the changing needs of a business.
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service and direct shipping for individual consignors and estates. At our stores in LA, NYC and San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, and meet with our experts. At our 10 Luxury Consignment Offices, four of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 and listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-08