Employee Communications Representative
At Northrop Grumman, we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems – Communications organization is seeking a highly skilled communications professional to join our team in the promotion and publicity of people, products and processes for one the sector’s largest functional organizations located in Redondo Beach, California. Qualified candidates must be prepared to thrive in a highly active environment that demands innovative thinking and use of tools to effectively communicate to a geographically dispersed workforce as well as to customers, the public, industry, stakeholders and others. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, California and report to the Manager of Communications.
This position will work with supporting the integrated strategic communications strategy and plan to communicate changes, improvements, incentives and initiatives to stakeholders throughout the sector. Overall requirements include experience with internal communications and the ability to shape, plan and support internal stakeholders. The candidate must have excellent research and writing skills that demonstrate an ability to comprehend and explain complex activities to a geographically dispersed workforce.
Responsibilities of this role include executing on the integrated communications plans; coordination with executives, engineers, and managers; coordination, development and/or execution of content creation for scripts, digital, print, multi-media collateral, white papers, videos and other.
· Minimum of 3 years of related experience—in internal corporate communications, leadership consultation and/or communication strategy development and deployment—with a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, business, communications, public relations or public affairs. One year of experience acceptable with a Master’s degree in journalism.
· U.S. citizenship
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
· Travel required up to 10%
· Experience working with the military, defense industry or government a plus.
· Experience working in a large, matrixed and/or geographically dispersed organization.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills.
· Ability to collaborate with and influence others.
· Skilled in managing multiple projects/activities simultaneously and meeting deadlines.
· Experience across social media platforms and best practices across all other media forums.
· Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work independently.
· Professional acumen to develop relationships with various types and levels of professionals.
Learn more here
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job posted: 2020-05-14