Employee Engagement Communications Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a curious, intuitive, high-judgment, and self-motivated communications professional to join the Worldwide Commercial Executive & Strategic Communications team.
In this role, you will own the Worldwide Commercial Awards program. You will develop, deliver, and iterate on the overall strategy for employee engagement and work to foster Amazon’s culture among a diverse and rapidly growing global field organization. You will create and execute a comprehensive internal marketing campaign that educates, informs, and encourages participation. You will partner with line of business, geo, and functional leaders across AWS Commercial Operations, carefully listening for signals and pioneering new ways to continually engage and inspire our employees.
This role requires an individual who is exceptionally creative, customer obsessed, and passionate about inventing new opportunities to delight employees and enhance their experience at AWS. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator who can work effectively with key stakeholders across multiple functions, geographies, and levels; has superior organizational and project management skills; and demonstrates a high degree of initiative, good judgment, and a “find a way” attitude while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
· Plan, execute, and manage all aspects of the Worldwide Commercial Awards program. This will include iterating on the strategy, defining program objectives and metrics, developing content and branding, managing logistics, and reporting on results.
· Maintain a pulse on employee morale and engagement, continuously identifying ways to create a fantastic working experience for our field and cultivate a workforce of engaged, passionate Amazonians.
· Partner with Human Resources and the wider AWS organization in building out a broader rewards and recognition ecosystem.
· Assist with special communications, internal events, and operational initiatives that are critical to senior leadership as necessary.
Preferred locations: New York. NY/ Palo Alto, CA/or other Virtual locations in the US where Amazon has a presence will be considered.
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
· 5+ years of internal communications experience, preferably at a high-growth, technology company.
· Experience developing and implementing communication plans.
· Experience developing content for a diverse, remote, or mobile workforce.
· Experience creating metrics to measure communication effectiveness, reach, and engagement.
· Ability to accommodate 25% travel.
· Proven ability to manage a global internal awards program at a large enterprise company.
· Exceptional writing and editing skills, with the ability to articulate a clear point of view on complicated issues in clear, concise communications.
· Proven ability to thrive in a high-energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
· Proven ability to think strategically and implement ideas from ideation and development to measurement and evaluation.
· An agile, flexible individual with a “can-do,” problem-solving approach to managing ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
· A curious self-starter with a proven track record of diving into unknown territory and learning new concepts.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-06