Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Energy & Environment Legislative Assistant Position
Kountoupes Denham Carr & Reid is a growing bipartisan lobbying firm in Washington, D.C., representing public and private companies, trade associations, and non-profit organizations before Congress and the federal government. Our firm is comprised of a bipartisan and bicameral team of lobbyists who have spent decades in Washington working on legislative issues at the highest levels of government.
KDCR Partners is accepting applications for an Energy & Environment Legislative Assistant. The legislative assistant will complement and support the team’s existing efforts in developing, coordinating, and executing congressional strategies and policy objectives on behalf of our diverse portfolio of clients, with a specific focus on energy and environment, or other relevant Capitol Hill experience. The position provides an excellent opportunity to work closely with our award-winning lobbyists on leading public policy issues including, but not limited to, health care, energy/environment, technology/telecommunications, and retail.
This is a full-time, in-person position. KCDR Partners requires all employees to be fully-vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 to the extent eligible, or seek a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons.
- Support a slate of client accounts by tracking policy issues, developing content, attending meetings, conducting research, tracking action items and meeting deadlines.
- Watch/attend and provide detailed reports of legislative, regulatory and administration activities (including Committee hearings, markups, bill introductions, briefings, and press conferences) in the House, Senate and in the administration.
- Conduct specific research into legislative and regulatory proposals, principally in the areas of healthcare, energy, technology, telecom, retail and tax.
- Assist in the production of high-quality briefing materials, issue summaries and meeting notes for distribution to clients.
- Build and maintain various trackers, such as client and Hill staff contact spreadsheets, legislative trackers, and administration staff databases.
- Monitor and the annual fiscal year President’s Budget Request to Congress and annual congressional appropriations. Compile memos on priorities in the President’s Budget Request and legislative status of annual appropriations bills relevant to current clients.
- Schedule client meetings with policymakers and staff on Capitol Hill and with the Administration.
- Schedule fly-ins for large and small groups.
- Prepare weekly reports for clients chronicling relevant industry, legislative and executive branch activities.
- Assist as needed on broad-based firm projects.
- Assist in drafting prospective client proposals and other document preparation for meetings with potential new clients.
- Assist with other administrative tasks related to client service and firm operations, such as hosting office events.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working on Capitol Hill, in the Administration or at a government affairs firm. Experience or strong interest in energy policy strongly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with a variety of audiences.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Able to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office products to produce quality written communications such as memos, spreadsheets, slides and standard work documents.
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track.
- Ability to multitask, handle tedious administrative tasks and be detail-oriented.
- Nimble and curious with a positive attitude and a good sense of humor.
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- We offer health, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation and holidays, a retirement plan with employer match, and lots of snacks.
Interested candidates should send resumes to: Teresa Schofield (email@example.com)
Job posted: 2022-07-28