Environment & Govt Relations Program Manager
Lincoln Premium Poultry
- CORE VALUE COMMITMENT: The position is responsible for ensuring compliance with all local, state, federal and Costco environmental regulation, policy, and procedure. This position also will assist the Director ofPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: · Oversee day-to-day compliance with applicable air, hazardous waste, wastewater, and storm water permits, plans, regulation. Includes reporting and record keeping for facility permits and other environmental regulation requirements.· Interface with Environmental Regulatory Agencies, Corporate environmental health and safety leadership & lead inspections and audits.· Provide support to LPP’s finance and operations teams by maintaining the site’s Business Continuity Plan and risk management programs.· Work with agriculture associations to support industry lobbying efforts in the company’s geography· Assist in the support of media outreach and/or response, support the development of strategic community partnerships. Advocate before all levels of government.BS or BA required10+ yrs. experience in Strategic compliance and governmental relations programs
- Food Processing Industry knowledge preferred
- Strong strategic, political and relationship skills
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- · Participate in company activities such appropriate dinners, legislative days, and hearings.
- · Assist the Director of Administration by developing and maintaining relationships with key influencers and policy makers in municipalities of strategic importance to the company.
- · In collaboration with the Director of Health and Safety, update, maintain and implement site HazMat Contingency Plan.
- · Interpret environmental laws and permit requirements, stay abreast of the changing regulatory landscape, and analyze the various options for complying with new regulations and permit requirements for new and developing projects.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Administration with managing the company’s Gov’t Relations and communications programs.
- JOB SUMMARY:
- All employees will demonstrate our culture of commitment to quality, respect for fellow employees and business partners, and responsibility to the environment and our community.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-18