Events & Communications Coordinator
Hispanics in Philanthropy (HIP) is a transnational network of grantmakers committed to strengthening Latino communities across the Americas. HIP connects and convenes funders, nonprofits, researchers, and other leaders to identify emerging needs among Latinos as well as best practices for responsive and effective funding of social change. HIP pioneers new philanthropic models by leading collaborative initiatives and has provided grants and training to help build the capacity of more than 600 organizations and leaders.
Hispanics in Philanthropy (HIP) is currently seeking an Events and Communications Coordinator. The Coordinator will work directly with the Senior Manager of Network Engagement, the Communications team, and other staff to plan and execute HIP’s annual conference and assist in other high priority areas. The Coordinator will assist with and gain experience in all facets of event planning including, but not limited to: timeline development, speaker outreach, correspondence management, event promotion, and logistics management. This position will also support the President and Associate Vice President of Public Affairs with administrative duties.
- Events timeline development, speaker outreach, correspondence management, event promotion, and logistics management;
- Support the Communications team with drafting, editing, graphic design, and monthly newsletters; and
- Prepare expense reports, reimbursement requests, and process receipts.
- Interest in HIP’s mission, Latinx issues, and philanthropy;
- Excellent writing, research, and proofreading skills;
- Great interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor;
- Strong organizational abilities and keen attention to detail;
- High degree of independence, creativity, and initiative;
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and work remotely; and
- Ability to work remotely with virtual teams across the U.S. and in Mexico City.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish;
- Previous event planning, marketing, policy, and/or communications experience; and
- Experience working on issues of diversity, particularly in the Latino community.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
This position requires five or more hours per day sitting in an office on a computer. Occasional evening and weekend availability and overnight travel may be required.
How to Apply
Submit an application (https://forms.gle/JVD6n6qKpCmjFqSKA) to be considered for this position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with preference to applications received by February 26th. Required materials include a cover letter and resume. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Three references, with a minimum of two from former supervisors, will be requested of those continuing through the interview process.
Hispanics in Philanthropy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job posted: 2021-01-28