Executive Communications Director
The US One Commercial Partner (US OCP) team is looking for a high-impact Executive Communications Leader to drive the executive communications strategy for the Corporate Vice President (CVP). This is a unique, strategic role responsible for developing and executing the CVP’s communication strategy including a speaking platform, all keynotes, internal employee communications, and external social media presence. Key focus areas of this role will be to drive a compelling and consistent narrative around how US OCP is enabling partners to drive digital transformation for customers.
The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, similar experience leading executive communications, great collaboration skills, creative ideation, and proven ability to deliver outstanding results in an ambiguous, high-pressure environment.
US OCP is responsible for building a strategic, differentiated, and highly impactful US partner ecosystem ready to help our customers with their digital transformation. To achieve this, we are committed to Increasing the profitable growth for our partners, helping their businesses transform and be successful; enhancing our partners experience…we want Microsoft to be our partners’ best partner; and deepening the culture of partnering across all Microsoft US teams.
- Developing and delivering the communications strategy for the CVP including creating an all-up communications approach and story arc, allowing clarity and consistency of message combined with development of the CVP’s external image.
- Developing executive presentations and speeches from inception to finished product including any creative elements such as videos and interactive content that reinforce key messages, news, and brand image. Great storytelling is a must.
- Building an external social media strategy for the CVP to extend the thought leadership platform and amplify our voice to partners, customers, and employees.
- Collaborating across Microsoft US communications, corporate executive communications and other groups as appropriate to ensure alignment with company and executive communications leadership across Microsoft.
- Coordination with internal and external staff to ensure all on-site logistics are in place, ensuring flawless execution.
- Defining goals and metrics for the successful execution of the strategy.
- Crisis, Issues, & Change Management Communications: Support work to maintain our strong company culture in US OCP, including communications to deepen employees’ understanding of the company’s mission, values, priorities, and ways of working.
- A successful applicant will be able to demonstrate high-impact communications with a successful track record leading and collaborating across organizations. Ideal candidates will be able to give clear examples of impact and influence and delivering results under tight deadlines. You will also be comfortable working self-sufficiently and successfully influencing your peers and executives.
- Project management – Ability to juggle multiple projects and activities simultaneously in addition to managing several stakeholders across the organization.
- Execution excellence – Passion for execution—focusing on key details, anticipating risks, and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Listening and collaboration – Ability to gather requirements, respond quickly, and build deliverables based on input and feedback from CVP, leadership, and all stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills – Exceptional written, verbal and presentation-level skills. Ability to synthesize complex ideas into a streamlined narrative and communicate well with visual elements including videos and PowerPoint.
- Communications experience – 7 years of internal communications or marketing communications experience. BA/BS or higher degree, ideally with a focus in business or communications.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Learn more here
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Job posted: 2021-06-09