Executive Communications Director- Azure- Executive Comms Team
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more, and we’re dedicated to this mission across every aspect of our company. As part of the Microsoft Global Employee and Executive Communications community, you’ll join a group of professionals focused on creating communications and experiences to keep employees informed, engaged and proud to be at Microsoft.
As part of the Azure team, you will play a critical role in helping customers understand the power of Azure and how they can use cloud technology to fuel innovation across every industry. It’s core to Microsoft’s mission and critical to our long-term success.
The Exec Communications Director will support the Azure CVP with all internal and external communications. This role will orchestrate many stakeholders for regular core deliverables and requires an individual who is a great team player, a self-starter and is experienced at creating and delivering communications content, including written, visual and video media production.
- Drives strategy for the development and maintenance of an executive(s) platform and voice, aligned to team, business, and organizational objectives.
- Leads the development and implementation of editorial strategy and calendar to support platform and alignment to business goals and desired outcomes for the executive(s).
- Oversees the development and delivery of internal and external communications for senior executive levels, including briefing materials, scripting/messaging for briefing materials, scripting/messaging for internal keynotes, presentations, media engagements, social media, and events. Drives the use of current and relevant templates and materials and the improvement of same; builds on effectiveness of previously used materials. Drives interactive engagement where appropriate.
- Leads team to develop and deploy strategy for employee communications aligned to the strategic priorities for organizational and geographical employee goals. Ensures alignment to corporate employee communications focus areas and priorities. Supports leader communications including all-hands, SharePoint sites, org emails, etc.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to senior leaders on employee communications issues and strategies of a specific organization or geography. Determines the metrics for success for the team and the plan to measure and inform team strategy by utilizing data and insights from internal surveys and feedback channels. Leads team to create and manage content that is current and aligned with internal and external relevant corporate guidance (e.g., legal and policy regulations, financial). Sets the strategy for the adoption and use of new technology and tools to help facilitate two-way dialogue between leaders and employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Finance, or related field or equivilent experience.
- 6+ years Marketing Communications, Product Marketing, Public Relations and or Journalism experience.
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team and across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple business partners, including cross-group teams, virtual and global teams, vendors and agency partners.
- Proven track record for new, innovative approaches and smart risk taking.
- Strategic thinking and counsel: Ability to understand business trends, stay on top of developments and corporate strategy, and advise on communication opportunities (both planned and impromptu). This includes continuing to drive the development of strategic “thought leadership” for the org and leader.
- Communication skills: Ability to create clear and concise communications in the right “voice” that results in compelling presentations/emails and in meetings with employees, partners, customers, developers, and others.
- Audience understanding: Ability to understand the needs of each audience (e.g., employees, key partners, customers, etc.) and create effective communications to reach those audiences.
- Executive presence and ability to work with highly confidential information.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-18