Executive Communications Director
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Snowflake is looking for an experienced leader to head up our executive communications program, which supports a wide-range of Snowflake executives including their thought leadership and speaking platforms. You will have deep experience and a passion for partnering with our executives to share Snowflake’s story and vision with the world. You will work closely with the multiple teams to drive Snowflake’s executive communications strategy, bringing fresh perspective and an operational approach to our work with C-level executives. An ideal candidate has a proven track record of building thought leadership platforms for executives and managing multiple high-stakes projects at once. This role requires a deep understanding of our industry, enterprise software and cloud computing.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- You will work closely with the existing team to create Snowflake’s executive communications strategy, bring fresh perspective and an operational approach to our work with C-level executives.
- Spearhead the strategy, development and execution of executive communications programs.
- Craft and oversee multiple executives’ platforms, research new topics, and pioneer creative ways to share stories across different channels, including but not limited to videos, blog posts, bylines, and social media.
- Build a meaningful connection with Snowflake C-level executives to developing innovative and creative platforms which will be the springboard for internal and external communications.
- Work collaboratively with the PR team to build a strategic communications roadmap and drive measurable outcomes that are coordinated with the global communications plan.
- Manage and share the overall executive calendar to ensure there is awareness internally and externally around executive speaking events to drive coordination with key team members.
- Deeply understand Snowflake’s messaging and executive voices in order to clearly express complex narratives for technical and enterprise audiences.
- Be responsible for outbound pitching of executive speaking placements and take inbound request for executive executive communications requests.
- Partner closely with Snowflake’s corporate events team, communications, brand and creative to bring our executives’ messaging and vision to life via compelling presentations and speeches.
- Collaborate with the global content and communications team and our agency partners around the world to build and expand on Snowflake’s executive communications program.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
10+ years of relevant communications experience.
Experience working directly with CEOs, C-level executives, and SVPs; ability to engage with and influence senior executives and leadership teams with gravitas.
An understanding of Snowflake’s business and experience working with cloud companies.
Experience crafting stories on technical concepts and enterprise products, and the ability to quickly identify trending topics and issues with a defined point of view; not afraid to take risks.
Background working with senior executives and team members with the creativity and skills to activate our leaders to discover and share important and inspiring narratives.
A passion for internal communications and change management; experience helping executives communicate effectively with their teams.
Deep experience with storytelling across many mediums – multimedia, visual storytelling, blogs, keynotes, etc.
A strong, clear writing style and voice, with excellent writing and editing skills.
BS/BA degree in marketing or communications.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-06-02