Executive Communications lead, Corporate & Investment Banking
Job ID 5596554
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Public Affairs builds trust, brand reputation, and positive business results for Wells Fargo. We enhance the company’s societal impact and sustainability, execute strategic communications and brand management, and advocate for Wells Fargo’s business priorities. Public Affairs includes these teams: Communications & Brand Management; Government Relations & Public Policy; Social Impact & Sustainability as well as Strategy & Transformation.
This position is responsible for designing and executing the executive, internal communications strategy for CIB Operating Committee members including the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and the leader of Diverse Segments. This person will devise and execute cross-CIB communication initiatives including the CIB DEI communication strategy and will work in partnership with the leader of CIB Communications on the organization and implementation of the communication plan for the CEO of CIB. The Wells Fargo job code title is Communications Senior Advisor.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as a trusted advisor and strategic counselor to CIB Operating Committee Member (s)
- Develop an annual communications strategy to establish the leader’s objectives and promote the business
- Identify executive advocacy opportunities
- Write and edit content to inform target audiences
- Work with the leader’s direct reports to ensure their messaging ladders up
- Collaborate with peers on the team who support the business from a media relations standpoint
- Track and measure results to ensure they are in line with intended outcomes and business objectives
- Partner closely with all OC communicators to identify connection points and leverage best practices
- Lead innovative approaches to help leaders create enhanced employee engagement and intent to stay
- Offer insights and influence decision-making based on risk or reputational matters
- Partner with communicators to create alignment and support for enhancing the overall corporate reputation
Communications & Brand Management delivers strategic internal, external, and executive communications for Wells Fargo and is responsible for driving the company’s brand strategy. The team provides world-class counsel to accelerate the business and deliver relevant content to build trust, drive stakeholder perception, and protect and enhance the company’s reputation.
Depending on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date.
- 10+ years of communications experience in one or more of the following disciplines: public relations, media relations or corporate communications
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience developing integrated communications strategies and plans that align with business objectives
- Experience counseling senior executives on high profile issues and delivery of internal communications
- Experience designing executive thought leadership platforms
- Experience with proactive and reactive media relations
- Experience developing compelling content and leveraging multiple channels for creative storytelling
- Experience building strong relationships and collaborating across large organizations
- Experience presenting information in a manner that persuades, and enhances understanding at all levels
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $108,500 Mid: $155,000
NY-New York: Min: $130,200 Mid: $186,000
NC-Charlotte: Min: $108,500 Mid: $155,000
MO-Saint Louis: Min: $108,500 Mid: $155,000
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-29