Executive Communications Lead, Public Affairs
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Public Affairs brings together teams responsible for engaging with the company’s stakeholders. This organization exists to support, strengthen and protect Wells Fargo’s reputation by building trust, brand reputation, and positive business results. This includes advocating for Wells Fargo’s business priorities, executing an enterprise brand strategy and enhancing the company’s social impact and sustainability through the work we do. Teams within Public Affairs include: Communications, Government Relations & Public Policy, Social Impact & Sustainability, and Strategy & Transformation.
This newly created position will be responsible for executive communications and thought leadership campaigns for the company’s vice chairman of Public Affairs. This person will focus on opportunities to promote and protect Wells Fargo’s reputation through strategic engagement with stakeholders, media relations, creative storytelling, and executive communications support. Preference is for this position to sit in New York, NY or Washington, DC and relocation assistance is not available. Other locations may be considered. The Wells Fargo job code title for this position is a Communications Senior Advisor.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as a trusted advisor and strategic counselor to the company’s vice chairman of Public Affairs.
- Develop and implement communications strategies including executive thought leadership platforms, messaging, media opportunities to drive business and function priorities, engage critical stakeholders, share Public Affairs’ progress, and support Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- Identify executive advocacy opportunities to advance storytelling inside and outside Wells Fargo.
- Work closely with the leadership team to advance Wells Fargo’s reputation as a financial services leader.
- Provide communications support to the vice chairman around political / policy events, economic and social issues.
- Write and edit content to inform and engage elected officials, non-profit organizations, and issue advocates.
- Work with peers to develop strategic communications activities in support of internal communications goals.
- Track and measure results to ensure they are in line with intended outcomes and business objectives.
- Partner with other Corporate Communications teams and across other business lines to ensure alignment of communications strategies and messaging.
Communications delivers strategic internal, external, and executive communications for Wells Fargo and is responsible for driving the company’s brand strategy. The team provides world-class counsel to accelerate the business and deliver relevant content to build trust, drive stakeholder perception, and protect and enhance the company’s reputation.
Depending on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date.
- 10+ years of communications experience in one or more of the following disciplines: public relations, media relations or corporate communications
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience developing integrated communications strategies for public affairs
- Experience counseling senior executives on high profile issues
- Experience designing executive thought leadership platforms
- Experience with proactive and reactive media relations
- Experience developing compelling content and leveraging multiple channels for creative storytelling
- Experience building strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience presenting information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-10