Executive Communications Manager
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By building cloud infrastructures, customers get the scale and quality of service that modern applications require. Only NetApp can help organizations focus on the business at hand when they develop a zero-touch infrastructure that manages apps, data and services as one integrated resource supporting both public and private clouds.
Executive Communications Manager
NetApp’ s Corporate Communications Team is looking for an executive communications senior manager that collaborates with select executive leaders on the development and implementation of strategic communications platforms that help advance our corporate narrative and business strategy. Specifically, in this role, the senior manager will serve as a strategic communications partner to the President and will provide ad hoc support to the CEO. She/He will report to the Head of Executive Communications.
We are looking for an experienced communications strategist with previous experience working for a large organization at the senior executive level. Candidates must be able to develop and execute creative, successful multi-channel communications strategies for internal and external audiences and have excellent writing skills.
• Serve as a communications strategist to the President and, on an ad hoc basis, to the CEO.
• Develop and execute executive platforms and integrated communications strategy to proactively and reactively reach and engage with internal and external audiences.
• Engage and coordinate cross-functionally across communications / marketing, executive stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure strategic business objectives are supported through communications programs.
• Identify the best channels and formats to deliver executive communications internally and proactively use data points / metrics to adjust tactics and maximize impact.
• Partner closely with the President’s and CEO’s offices as well as the rest of the executive communications team members, Investor Relations, Internal Communications and other key partners to develop internal and external communications materials and ensure alignment.
• Partner closely with the PR and social media teams to further build the President’s thought leadership presence and help advance our corporate narrative.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• 10+ years of experience in employee or internal communications, executive communications, public relations, corporate communications, or writing and editing.
• Demonstrated ability to work with and influence senior executives, providing positioning counsel and executing with a sense of urgency
• Global perspective and experience working at a global company; understanding and sensitivity to global differences
• Strong executive presence
• Strategic thinking and data-driven, proactive execution
• High emotional intelligence; strong interpersonal communication skills
• Experience contributing to business goals through strategic communications for large, complex organizations
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the demonstrated ability to turn complex ideas into stories and visual concepts
• Deep understanding of modern communications tools, including videos, podcasts, etc.
• Strong organization, program management and content development skills
• Excellent analytical and time-management skills
• Flexible and resilient problem solver with the ability to build consensus and manage sensitive situations
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, and One Drive)
• Experience in and strong knowledge of the technology industry required
• Sufficient technical background and understanding of the IT/technology industry to be able to incorporate technical messages fluently required
• Experience working at a publicly-traded company preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing or related field required
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-29