Executive Communications Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of media relations or PR communications experience in a business, media, government or non-profit environment.
- Experience in executive communications directly supporting leadership of a company or comparable entity.
- Experience working with opinion formers and members of the media to advance strategic objectives.
- Experience working across teams in support of large events.
- Experience building relationships with members of the media.
- Ability to influence and build effective relationships with leaders.
- Ability to work as part of a team and lead efforts across disciplines.
- Ability to respond to time sensitive requests.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About the job
As an Executive Communications Manager, you will support our executive team by helping explain to the world how we are fulfilling our mission to organize the world’s information. You will set strategy on communication campaigns, drive execution, and then monitor results. You will work cross-functionally across Google and Alphabet. You will work with journalists and other thought leaders; devise communications materials; and engage with commentators and other opinion formers.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders–and our own employees–about the benefits of Google’s products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, comms, marketing, product and beyond.
- Develop communications strategies for Google executives. Implement those strategies through development of materials and engaging directly with members of the media and opinion formers.
- Develop messaging on complex, nuanced issues that span Google and the technology sector.
- Have the ability to quickly and cogently digest information across varied topics quickly and effectively, meeting tight deadlines across multiple projects.
- Partner effectively with internal teams. Develop relationships with key stakeholders across every part of our portfolio, including teams in policy, marketing and legal.
- Have flexibility in working hours and the ability to respond to time sensitive requests.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-03