Executive Communications Manager
Definition of Success
Seeking a strong executive communications manager to partner with Innovation leadership team. Candidate must be a seasoned leader that can build a strategy and execute a plan to help the executive represent the leadership in Innovation. Responsibilities include building and executing on executive communications plan, driving external and internal communications, supporting keynote development and scripting, executing on thought leadership and social plan. High value for strong messaging, creativity and collaboration skills and require self-starter mindset that can navigate our client’s organization.
By ensuring that the leading edge efforts of these executives are properly communicated to a variety of audiences, both internal and external, M Squared will help drive business priorities, raise the profile of the group and contribute to advancing their journey to becoming a cloud-first company by delivering innovative hybrid cloud and intelligent network solutions.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
Lead communications planning, strategy and execution in support of the Executive leadership team.
Communications consulting work will center on building relationships with subject matter experts and key personnel in order to effectively and knowledgeably position the executives and their organization, internally and externally. M Squared will create presentations, content and thought leadership messaging concerning organizational strategies, business plans, industry trends, specific projects/schedules and ensure the executives are in synch on communication strategy, execution plan, and resulting deliverables. Specifically, we will be concerned with:-
Executive Communications Planning
· FY21 communications plan / roadmap
· Maintaining the executive communications calendar, including the screening, research, management and support for executive speaking opportunities
· Create and drive executive communications platform
· Develop content and messaging, review vehicles and cadence, tools and templates, VoDs, websites and CEC
· Create communications that position Executives and their work as thought leaders in innovation and shape the culture and perception in the industry and among employees
· Drive messaging alignment throughout broader organization with peer communicators
· All-hands meetings, town halls, voicemail scripts, emails, organizational announcements, cross-functional presentations, etc.
· Coordinate message delivery across multiple channels, partnering organizations and stakeholders
· Presentations, executive briefings, industry speaking, media events, community events, analyst meetings, quotes in the press, interviews, etc.
· Serve as a liaison to internal and external audiences
· Develop social media strategy for key members of the leadership team
Required Industry Background
· High Tech Industry Background with a global corporation
Required Functional Background
· Multiple repeated experiences in senior strategic and executive communications roles with a stellar track record
· Experience designing, developing, and executing successful internal and external communications programs for large, global organizations
· Highly comfortable with technology (doesn’t need to be technical, but willing to jump in and learn, ask questions, and translate technology ideas into simple understandable language and/or analogies people can relate to); Innovation, Collaboration, Cloud, compute or IoT background is a bonus
· Proven experience working with multiple individuals on internal and external communication programs and success in bridging communications across several groups and audiences
· Top-notch writer, story teller and editor with proven track record of success creating compelling content including thought leadership, presentations, videos, executive briefings etc.
· Demonstrated understanding of communications metrics; ability to use that information to continually improve communications efforts
· Excellent collaboration skills, working across functions (marketing, sales, engineering, CX)
· Able to help Innovation Executives build a brand through thought leadership, blogging, social, as well as coach for presentations/talks
· Strong project management skills
Nice to Have Functional Background
· Engineering / Cloud / Technology Innovation
· Client-specific experience highly desired
General Skills and Attributes
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Speech Writing
· Exceptional presentation development skills and strong PowerPoint skills
· Both a strong team player and an independent worker
· Strong executive influence skills/content development skills
· Proven ability to build relationships across a diverse organization, fostering trust and credibility
· Ability to turn complex ideas into stories easily understood by a broad audience
· Strong leadership skills
· Flexible, resilient and problem solver
· Ability to gain consensus among others
· Ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-28