Lockheed Martin’s Executive Communications team is looking for a skilled strategic communicator and multi-platform writer to join our high-impact team. This role will support communications for senior leaders through speechwriting, internal and external content development and thought leadership strategy. This position reports to the director, Executive Communications, and is based at Corporate Headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Work to implement the corporation’s executive communications strategy and thought leadership programs;
• Research, develop and write executive speeches, social media, presentations, webcasts, and video recordings for internal and external audiences;
• Provide strategic counsel to executive-level leaders on all aspects of internal and external engagements;
- Manage development of executive preparation materials such as run-of-show documents and backgrounders, working with other functions and business teams;
• Provide expertise in grammar, usage and AP Style. Adhere to strong quality control and fact-checking processes to ensure a consistently high standard for executive communications materials;
• Oversee and manage the production of videos and electronic communications with support from internal and external multimedia groups.
- Demonstrated experience in executive communications, journalism and content creation using a variety of methods and media;
- Superior writing skills; demonstrated ability to gather and synthesize complex information and present it in clear, compelling ways for a variety of audiences;
- Experience designing, planning and implementing executive communications and thought leadership programs;
- Ability to manage projects to deadline and superior organization skills; exceptional attention to detail, adaptability, and a sense of urgency, strong work ethic and positive attitude;
• Ability to work with a high level of independence or collaboratively with a team in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including executive management;
- Portfolio of samples will be required;
• Willingness to travel as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, liberal arts, or equivalent experience/combined education;
• 10 years relevant experience in corporate/executive communications, government public affairs, media or think tanks; or 8 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree;
- Creative and curious individual experienced in managing projects and measuring results;
- Familiarity with Lockheed Martin’s business, the political/news environment and the defense and aerospace industries.
Please apply online
Job posted: 2019-11-05