Raytheon, a global aerospace and defense company, is searching for an executive communicator/speechwriter to research and develop compelling content — including speeches, contributed content, and correspondence — for Raytheon leadership. The successful candidate will have strong communication and influence skills, and will have a track record of writing impactful content for senior leaders in the public or private space.
This is a critical role that requires a candidate who is proactive, creative, action-oriented and willing to immerse him/herself in Raytheon’s business, as well as the issues and newsworthy conversations of the day. The successful candidate will partner with Corporate Affairs & Communications team members to ensure a regular cadence of fresh and compelling thought leadership content on earned and owned media channels that build a meaningful connection with key stakeholders.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Research, prepare and edit personalized bylines, speeches, talking points and blog posts for senior Raytheon leaders. Topics may include defense industry issues, cybersecurity, business strategy, leadership and career advice, as well as Raytheon’s community relations work in veterans’ affairs and science, technology, engineering and mathematics education.
- Maintain executive messaging platforms, aligning the Raytheon story and each topic at hand to a targeted audience — in the voice of the executive.
- Employ a full range of communications tools including digital, social, visual, and presentation development.
- Support the effort to identify, qualify and execute on opportunities for thought leadership — to include speaking opportunities, social media conversations, editorial submissions, award nominations, etc.
- Work across the Communications function to amplify content via internal channels, as well as via social media and public relations.
- Build a strong network of subject matter experts across Raytheon.
- Communications experience in speech writing, public relations, corporate communications and / or journalism and an aptitude for compelling writing.
- Ability to diplomatically influence and counsel company leaders — with a focus on quality, responsiveness, and superior client service.
- Proven experience in writing in a leader’s “voice.”
- Capacity to work efficiently across a range of subject areas — while multitasking and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven editing skills. The successful candidate will be an arbiter of best practices in grammar and AP style.
- An interest in the Aerospace & Defense sector.
- Some travel required. Must be willing and able to attend occasional events during evening hours and weekends when necessary.
Required Experience and Education:
- Minimum 8 years experience and Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related disciplines.
- Experience writing for a global organization is a plus.
- Candidates should submit four writing samples, with a focus on bylined articles and speeches written on behalf of a leader.
Please apply via our website at https://jobs.raytheon.com/job/waltham/executive-communicator-speechwriter/4679/3627445
Job Posted: February 11, 2017