Executive Director, Global Communications, Bobbi Brown(Job Number: 218713)
Bobbi Brown Cosmetics is a global prestige beauty brand that empowers women to own their natural beauty through easy how-tos and skin-loving formulas. Founded in New York and inspired by simplicity, the brand sparked the revolution of natural-looking makeup in 1991 and pioneered undertone-correct beauty for all skin tones and ages. Everything begins with skin to create essential beauty that’s more than makeup—multitasking products that work, last, and do more with less effort. Bobbi Brown Cosmetics teaches personalized beauty for every real-life moment.
A passionate, dynamic and talented Communications leader with a successful track record of leading earned media, influencer relationships and brand partnerships on a global scale to craft and advance the Bobbi Brown Global Communications strategy to drive brand increases in awareness, interest and engagement. We are looking for someone who has a strong knowledge of the beauty industry, thrives on driving change, has established relationships with beauty/fashion/lifestyle journalists and can establish a vision and lead cross functional teams to flawless execution.
- Lead and develop brand communication strategy that promotes and protects our brand story, elevates our luxury positioning and amplifies our Artists. Establish benchmarks and KPIs to enable consistent reporting on progress and success sharing with a focus on brand awareness, engagement, relevance and preference
- Craft positioning brand strategy with compelling and persuasive key messages and themes that honor the overall brand narrative
- Build and maintain strong relationships with a wide network of talent, tastemakers, industry leaders and partners who embody the culture and values of Bobbi Brown with a focus on key NYFW female-founded designers, luxury brand partners, global Makeup Artists and key opinion leaders/brand ambassadors
- Oversee influencer relations and selection, leading negotiation and contracting of influencers and talent
- Ideate and evaluate opportunities for global, regional and local partnerships to grow brand awareness and reach
- Lead creation and execution of media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast, online and social media. Coordinate all public relations activities for the brand.
- Oversee statements, cross-company coordination, crisis communications and development of materials for key interviews, meetings and events
Storytelling and Sustainability
- Ideate and develop big ideas to support brand equity, amplify makeup artist heritage and drive forward global communications strategy to maximize earned media across all platforms
- Oversee ingredient transparency and sustainability strategy, partnering with corporate teams and amplifying through digital channels as well as developing innovative ways to expand our existing initiatives
- Manage relationship with brand’s charitable efforts through the Pretty Powerful Fund and build out global communications plans and go to market strategies to support this key brand tenant
Activation and Management
- Liaise with International Markets’ GC teams to understand their needs, strengthen their local launch plans and further develop their talent in accordance with global communications strategy
- Lead key communication efforts for key launches and initiatives in close partnership with cross functional teams
- Manage Director and Assistant Manager of Global Communications
- Skillful at building corporate allies, especially among key business partners, with a record of demonstrated ability to exercise excellent judgement consistently and build rapport quickly with both internal and external stakeholders of all levels
- A strong communication and presentation ability, leveraging insights and data to articulate strategy and influence executives and colleagues
- Bachelor of Arts degree preferably in Communications, English or Journalism. Strong writing skills, excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Must be organized, creative, detail-oriented, able to prioritize multiple projects and possess an advanced understanding of industry trends, competition and innovation.
- 10+ years of Public Relations and Global Communications experience, with a strong background in Luxury branding, aspirational marketing and storytelling.
Job posted: 2021-08-17