Executive Director of Government Relations & the Olene S. Walker Institute
This position will lead the university’s external governmental engagement activities for the Olene S. Walker Institute for Politics & Public Service.
• Graduate degree in political science, public administration, communications, social sciences, public relations, humanities, or a related field.
• Minimum of five years progressive work related to government and legislative processes at the local, state, and/or national level.
Seeking applicants with the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Demonstrated experience with fundraising and grant writing.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a variety of audiences.
• Ability to work well in a diverse group.
Preferred Qualifications include:
• Ph.D. (or J.D.) in political science, public administration, communications, social sciences, public relations, humanities, law, or a related field.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• An energetic and highly visible leader who can articulate and communicate Weber State University’s mission and vision to internal and external constituencies.
• Demonstrated knowledge of higher education policy, particularly related to the financing and governance of public, regional universities.
• Proven track record of teamwork and collaboration with stakeholders that are both internal and external to the organization.
• Successful experience in public advocacy.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with public officials, their staffs, community stakeholders, campus colleagues, and students.
• Demonstrated problem solving, leadership, teaching, and critical thinking skills.
• Evidence of commitment to inclusive excellence.
Background Check? Yes
WSU offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement, a wellness program with release time and paid incentives, tuition benefits, free tickets to athletic and performing arts events, and paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-22