Executive Director of Government and Strategy
We are looking for an Executive Director of Government and Strategy who thinks proactively, works strategically, and will help find new ways to bring our company to the forefront of government advocacy.
- In charge of researching, obtaining and managing government contracts and grants
- Create and align our public policy agenda to the Rethink mission
- Utilize experience in public policy and/or advocacy to support our long term goal of securing government funding to sustain our certified initiative.
- Creatively find ways to advocate without jeopardizing our 501c3 status.
- Setting up external and impact reporting system and managing maintenance
- Deploy resources efficiently and effectively toward organizational goals, working with staff to balance workload and effort, and provide regular feedback so that key staff can continuously improve their supervision and mentoring skills
- Participate in the department budget development process and maintain a high level of fiscal responsibility
- Be a strategic thought partner and a collaborative problem solver in designing and implementing strategic initiatives
- Embrace the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion and ensure they are reflected in the impact portfolio of work.
- Work with the implementation and evolution of the Rethink’s strategic plan with an openness to being responsive to changing conditions
- Create and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with key outside colleagues, donors, community partners, grantees, and civic and political leaders.
- Carry out special projects as required.
- Act as a mentor in the company, especially within the government department.
- Adhere to the Rethink’s core values and guiding principles.
- Look at the overall mission and vision of the company and look at what projects fulfill that strategy.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with city, state, and federal government relations
- Nonprofits, operations, and food industry experience highly preferred
- Need to be a good communicator, astute in interpersonal skills, able to persuade staff and peers to accept new ideas or processes.
- Believes in a shared value of equity with proven capacity to respectfully work in a multicultural and inclusive workforce.
- Possesses a deep understanding and comprehension of key local issues and challenges, including those affecting communities that have been historically marginalized is necessary to be successful in this position.
- Familiarity with organizational development concepts, flexibility in adapting capacity building approaches to grantees and/or grantee cohorts, especially from a place-based and equity/inclusive perspective.
- Adaptability and flexibility, ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, results-oriented culture with limited guidance and a service-oriented mindset.
- Strong skill in coaching and developing others
- Commitment to personal learning and development and openness to feedback.
- Foster to a strong, positive team environment and provide mentorship and guidance to staff as required.
About Rethink Food NYC
Job posted: 2020-07-22