Executive Director, People and Culture, Commercial, Medical & Government Affairs
POSITION SCOPE AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Executive Director, People and Culture (P&C) for the Commercial, Medical & Government Affairs (CMG) organization will provide strategic and operational leadership and serve as a trusted advisor to the Head of CMG and the leadership team. The successful candidate will sit on the CMG leadership team, the global Commercial P&C leadership team, and the Pharma P&C Enabling Team. The position will lead a team of P&C business partners based in the Genentech network.
This position will require collaboration with business leaders and other P&C areas of practice (People Rewards and Recognition, Integrated Workforce Strategies, People Insights and Technology, People and Organizational Growth, and People Support Solutions) to design and deliver client based solutions that enable the organization to achieve its business objectives.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Serve as strategic business partner, coach and advisor to the CMG leadership teams. Will be the key point of contact for the Head of CMG and other CMG leaders, to ensure that the people and culture strategy, goals and priorities are driven by and aligned with business needs.
- Drive the People Agenda by applying broad P&C skills in the areas of organization design and development, change management, talent management, workforce planning, and leadership development, coaching/consultation, program/project management, facilitation and communication.
- Identify and define solutions that address the needs of the business while taking into account the broader implications on the enterprise plan and implement people/ organization solutions aligned to the business & broader P&C strategies and goals
- Establish connection and credibility throughout the organization in order to sense and respond to what the organization needs most. Ensure alignment with global P&C, Pharma P&C and Commercial priorities as well as local Genentech network initiatives to ensure prioritization and alignment of business strategy/goals across all areas of responsibility.
BROAD P&C MANAGEMENT
- Role-model Commercial Operating Principles, serve as an enterprise business leader, solving for the whole not just the part.
- Build and direct the management of all human resources practices for the CMG function in the U.S., including organizational design, workforce planning, diversity and inclusion, talent acquisition, retention, people development, rewards and recognition, new ways of working, etc.
- Foster and drive an inclusive work culture through collaboration with CMG D&I partners and Chief Diversity Office partners. Drive attraction and retention of a diverse talent pipeline.
- Lead and drive talent management and succession planning. Act as a talent scout for internal talent for local and global key commercial positions and help develop the next generation of leaders through talent management and career development.
- Identify and address capability requirements and skills gaps talent issues before they affect the business.
- Gathers and analyzes internal and external data, evidence-based research, benchmarks, P&C and business metrics to make critical decisions; shares insights with leaders and recommends innovative solutions based on the P&C decision principles that support the culture, strategic direction and resources
- Lead and develop a high performing team of P&C professionals in the U.S., providing strategic oversight and operational coordination and ensuring their priorities are focused on the most impactful high value work.
- Ad interim leadership of Coachella, an 18 person self-managed team of coaches dedicated to enabling agile ways of working across CMG. Identify business needs and partner with peers to ensure the development of people practices, enablers, tools and solutions.
- 15+ years broad and progressive HR management or consulting experience in or with organizations recognized for best practices in HR.
- 5+ years HR Team management supporting senior leadership and clients.
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries, or manufacturing organizations are preferred.
- Global, matrix, multicultural organization experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field equivalent required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time.
- Passion for and focus on building a diverse and inclusive work culture.
- Proven ability to lead with a creative mindset, acting as a coach and mentor for senior executives, leaders and professionals
- Enterprise mindset and system thinking, proven ability to work effectively across multiple business areas, global teams and key leadership areas in a fast paced environment
- Ability to influence with courageous authenticity and build trust with individuals at all levels within the organization, challenging the status quo when appropriate
- Effectively diagnosing long term P&C needs, and shaping and leading large scale global initiatives to address them
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) to effectively address all organizational levels.
NOTE: This position is not eligible for relocation
Job posted: 2021-04-06