Executive Office, Office of Government Affairs, Washington D.C, Analyst/Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Executive Office plays an integral role in setting and advancing Goldman Sachs’ strategy and in supporting and enhancing the firm’s distinctive culture. Our goal is to provide our people, clients, shareholders and the broader public with information about the breadth of our global efforts, highlight our focus on delivering sustainable, long-term returns for our shareholders and demonstrate our commitment to making an impact on the communities where we live and work and on society more broadly.
The Office of Government Affairs
The Office of Government Affairs aims to advance the firm’s public policy agenda, promote constructive relations with governments and regulators, and serve as a source of information inside the firm about government and public policy.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
This position provides the appropriate candidate with a unique opportunity to work with colleagues throughout the firm on matters critical to the firm’s relationships with key government officials, and to advance the firm’s commercial strategy.
- As a member of the regulatory policy team within the Office of Government Affairs, the Sr. Analyst / Associate with be a part of the development, coordination, execution and oversight of the firm’s strategic policy initiatives
- Analyst / Associate will draft, edit and fact-check written materials used for internal and external audiences; materials include briefing memos for management, summaries of regulatory developments, agenda and materials for internal purposes
- Analyst / Associate will be charged with collaboration between internal and external constituencies on financial policy-related issues. Internal constituencies include other parts of the Executive Office, business units, legal, risk and finance functions. External constituencies include trade associations, think tanks, regulatory bodies and congressional offices
- While a financial services generalist, the sr. analyst / associate will be responsible to developing subject matter expertise in designated policy areas
- Analyst / Associate will perform other duties as assigned
- 4-5 years experience in a financial policy-related role, including experience in a government agency, congressional office, management consulting company , trade association, or financial intuition
- Excellent communicator, in both written and oral presentations. Ability to quickly and accurately summarize and condense complex information sets into brief and cogent materials is essential. Demonstrated mastery of Word and PowerPoint necessary; Excel preferred.
- Familiarity with the regulatory issues before and processes related to the federal financial services regulators Federal Reserve, FDIC, OCC, SEC, CFTC and consumer protection agencies strongly preferred
- Understanding of the US legislative process; background in financial services preferred
- Candidates will have a proven collaborative approach and strong work ethic
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-19