Executive Speechwriter and Communications Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 9 years of experience in speechwriting.
- Executive communications experience supporting a leader on policy related issues.
- Strong, clear written and verbal communication skills and ability to tailor messages to the right audiences.
- Strong storytelling skills in how to shape a compelling speech.
- Ability to lead senior executives through the speechwriting process, providing sound counsel and guidance.
- Ability to focus and prioritize given a huge variety and pace of engagements.
- Ability to work with colleagues in different countries and understand cultural differences.
About the job
As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; and develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns. We’re looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
As a member of our Communications team, you will use the written word to create content for Google executives, preparing speeches, op-eds, and blog posts around new product innovations and complex issues facing the company. To be successful in this team, you will embrace ambiguity and collaborate across teams and time zones, and draw upon a love of technology and excitement for our mission to organize the world’s information. You’ll tell compelling stories for some of our most helpful and beloved products like Google Search, Maps, and Assistant.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders–and our own employees–about the benefits of Google’s products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, comms, marketing, product and beyond.
- Develop written communications for Google executives including speeches, blog posts, op-eds, and video scripts for both external and internal audiences.
- Develop messaging on complex, nuanced issues spanning all parts of Google’s business, including product and policy issues.
- Coordinate cross-functionally on content and strategy for major internal and external events and announcements.
- Support on development of presentations and visual decks that bring a speech to life for an audience of consumers, press, and key opinion formers.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-24