For the past three decades, Direct Impact has been at the forefront of the grassroots communications industry, bringing a campaign-style approach to more traditional public outreach. Our history is rich and diverse – we have played a role in many of the major social and policy issues of the last two decades, including taxes, Medicare, defense and trade. We have also tackled some of the most pressing and complicated community-based challenges for our clients. Now more than ever, no campaign is won without a hybrid strategy that includes traditional community outreach and complementary digital expertise. Come be a part of it.
Executive Vice President
As an Executive Vice President (EVP) at Direct Impact (DI) you will be responsible for generating new business opportunities and expanding the firm’s annual revenue goals. In addition to spearheading new business efforts, you will have a leadership role in the organization that includes providing strategic counsel to existing clients, representing DI to external audiences and helping to manage staff and inter-agency relationships. Interested candidates should have at least 20 years of experience in public relations, government affairs, political campaigns and/or issue advocacy and maintain an extensive professional network. BA/BS degree required.
To be successful in this position, candidates must have a strong work ethic devoted to earning new business for the firm, experience running political or issue-based campaigns, strong presentation and writing skills, ability to provide strategic counsel to senior executives and the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external teams.
- Identify and lead efforts to secure significant new business from new or existing clients each year.
- Develop and execute long-term strategic imperatives to ensure growth and the evolution of the firm’s offerings/capabilities.
- Enhance the firm’s intellectual capital by driving innovation, and developing new products and services.
- Raise the visibility and enhance the reputation of the firm externally through activities such as published articles, guest speaking engagements or leadership in professional networks.
- Leverage the resources available within WPP, Young & Rubicam Group and Burson-Marsteller Worldwide to grow client relationships into new geographic areas and practice areas.
- Proven track record demonstrating the ability to identify, pitch and win new business opportunities.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with executives, customers and partners.
- Ability to provide short-term and long-term strategic counsel.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of DI’s clients including understanding their business as well as helping identify opportunities/challenges for each client.
- Ability to manage complex relationships diplomatically and consultatively.
- Ability to think innovatively; develop dynamic solutions and new programs.
- Ability to manage teams and individuals to enable them to perform to their fullest potential; set clear expectations and demand high performance.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Superior writing skills applied to all client materials; senior level audience products and the review and revision of writing for junior level staff members.
- Knowledge of the company’s methodologies and resources available within the WPP/Young & Rubicam Group and Burson-Marsteller networks.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- In-depth analytical skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills.
What we offer
You will find a collegial and collaborative environment at DI. We fill our offices with diverse and talented individuals who are happy to come to work each day and are driven to deliver innovative solutions to our celebrated client roster. We offer an unmatched depth and breadth of capabilities and industry strengths, coupled with cutting edge tools to include our unique evidenced based communications approach. By leading the industry in thought and innovation, we create value for our shareholders and exciting new growth opportunities for our people and our company.
About Direct Impact
Direct Impact (www.directimpact.com), established in 1988, is a leading grassroots communications consulting firm and part of Burson-Marsteller and the WPP Group. Direct Impact is America’s largest, most experienced grassroots communications firm with clients that include major trade associations, industry groups, Fortune 500 corporations and government entities.
Direct Impact is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MFDV, and we are proud of our diverse workforce.
E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verificaiton, to data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
Learn more here
Job Posted: September 1, 2017