Executive Vice President, Public Affairs
Ogilvy is seeking a senior-level Public Affairs professional to join our Public Relations & Influence team in our Washington, D.C. office.
This is a unique opportunity to serve in a leadership role in Ogilvy PR, a modern, global creative communications agency that partners with brand and businesses to drive value and growth. Ogilvy PR builds brands, protects reputations and earn attention and influence through creative storytelling informed by data, and fueled by technology. We’re strategic communicators, agile content creators, problem solvers, influencer marketers, earned and social media experts and creative storytellers.
If you are passionate about policy, advocacy and corporate communications, and want to put your expertise to use as a member of a strong leadership team, then this opportunity is a great next step in your career.
The EVP will provide strategic counsel and serve as a trusted advisor on fast-paced, corporate and association accounts and will lead a team in conducting frequent media and stakeholder outreach. Activities will include message development, issue management, thought leadership and influencer engagement, and policy communications. The role also entails playing a key role in new business development efforts as well as being a highly visible participant in the Washington public affairs community. Our ideal candidate will have both current agency experience and a background on Capitol Hill.
- 15-20 years of relevant public and media relation’s experience; background should include experience working in a public relations agency or similar client-facing role.
- Background must include a mix of agency experience and experience on the Hill and/or with a government agency.
- A sophisticated understanding of how the Washington DC public policy arena works.
- Significant experience with media relations, from strategy and planning to execution
- Experience leading public affairs campaigns across digital and social channels and understanding modern influencer relations
- Experience with policy communications
- Desire and willingness to work in a hands-on media outreach role
- Extensive experience in providing senior-level strategic counsel to clients, particularly with regard to communications strategy, planning and execution
- Proven ability to deliver outstanding client service in a fast-paced, demanding work environment
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining successful client relationships
- Demonstrated success in business development
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and inspire junior staff of various levels and skill sets
- Must be a strategic thinker and results oriented leader who is comfortable in a collaborative team environment, especially working with creative teams
- BS/BA required
Job posted: 2021-08-22