External Affairs Coordinator
Ramapo NYC is a nonprofit organization based in New York City that supports youth and the adults in their lives through professional development, coaching, capacity building, and advocacy. Ramapo NYC is a product of the recent mergers of three highly regarded organizations in education, Ramapo Training, The National School Climate Center, and The Youth Development Institute. With over 70 years of combined experience supporting schools and communities in NYC and nationally, this exciting and growing organization is home to a skilled and highly motivated work force dedicated to positively impacting the lives of young people.
Ramapo’s External Affairs Team is seeking a coordinator to assist with the communications, marketing, and clerical functions and ensure the efficient operation of partnerships, grants, and government contracts. This position is ideal for an enthusiastic professional who takes initiative and works well in a collaborative environment. The External Affairs Coordinator is essential to smooth functioning of day-to-day operations of the team, and has a profound impact on the perception outsiders have of our organization, is often the first point of contact for partners and funders, and is expected to model the core tenets of Ramapo NYC. This person will report to the Senior Director of Partnerships and External Affairs and work closely with Program Directors across the organization.
● Respond to inquiries about organizational services by phone and in writing and route to the appropriate team member.
● Ensure partners are able to navigate communicating with staff throughout the organization, as needed.
● Assist External Affairs team in developing and disseminating marketing and promotional materials, company literature, and other forms of communication.
● Draft, copyedit and proofread communications.
● Maintain website design and operation.
● Support the External Affairs team in creating and delivering press releases, media relations content, case studies, white papers, executive bios, newsletter content, social media content, and speaking proposals.
● Research communications strategies, media coverage and industry trends.
● Work with advertisers for timely and useable ad submissions.
● Coordinate scheduling and logistics for communications and marketing efforts.
● Coordinate conference presentations and press interviews.
● Manage information, such as the communications database in Salesforce and the updated contact lists for email blasts and mailings.
Grant and Contract Support
● Work in collaboration with the External Affairs team and other program staff in compiling grant applications and contracts.
● Assist the team in monitoring measurable outcomes as required by funding sources.
● Assist the team in record keeping related to grant expenditures, receivabales, invoices and statements.
● Research additional income sources (grant, foundation, or partnership opportunities) to support, expand, and develop new programming in alignment with the vision of the leadership team.
● Manage program files and records in the External Affairs Salesforce database.
● Oversee office supplies, orders as needed.
● Coordinate meetings with external partners and prepare materials for meetings, as needed.
● Support events and conferences, as needed.
● Performs additional responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Director of Partnerships and External Affairs.
● Actively promotes and supports the organization’s mission and vision.
● Collaborates across all areas of the organization and is an active member of the Ramapo team.
● Previous experience in a related field
● Commitment to capacity building work in the education and youth service fields
● Must be a detail oriented professional who is proactive, self-motivated and organized with a positive and friendly attitude
● Excellent oral and written communication skills to engage diverse stakeholders and facilitate project buy in.
● Experience with Microsoft Office and Google (Excel/Sheets, Word/Docs) required, experience with Salesforce and WordPress a plus
● Excellent attention to detail
● Desire to learn and grow and commitment to the growth and development of team members and employees.
● Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion and ability to incorporate an equity lens into the development of internal procedures and external content.
● Successful track record of setting priorities, shaping processes, and executing quickly and effectively
Ramapo for Children has an open-space office environment and operates on a Monday through Friday, 9AM – 5PM EST work day; all staff are currently working remotely. This position allows for flexibility in work location and standard hours at the discretion of the Senior Director of Partnerships and External Affairs and within the parameters of the Employee Handbook, however mandatory in-office meetings occur at least monthly. Access to computers, internet and printing technology is available in the office and a laptop will be provided to support remote work as needed. This position may require periodic day and overnight travel.
How to Apply
Job posted: 2021-06-07