External Affairs Manager – (233097)
At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develop and enhance relationships with community leaders and governmental officials to identify proactive and mutually beneficial opportunities that enable strategic partnerships. Support municipal stakeholders to resolve emergent issues in an effective and timely manner to result in a positive impact to customer satisfaction. Function as primary contact for elected officials, local media, civic and business organizations and community leaders to resolve operational issues and optimize the corporate image and communicate corporate messages. Serve as an early warning system to identify and facilitate the resolution of customer issues with the leadership of internal departments.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with municipal, county and state elected officials and government department heads, local media, councils of government, economic development organizations, civic and business leaders and organizations relative to day-today and emergency response situations. Represent the Company at municipal council meetings and other after hours official forums.
- Provide input to corporate leadership team and other business units to shape the Company’s strategic direction. Develop and execute community outreach and communications plans pertaining to high-impact projects, including, but not limited to, reliability and infrastructure projects. Support project completion by actively engaging in outreach and garnering support from external stakeholders and decision makers. iNegotiate resolution to conflicts. Develop and maintain a network of support resources with all internal business units to resolve elected officials’ needs in an effective and timely manner.
- Identify, manage, facilitate resolution of issues, and improve workflow processes affecting customer satisfaction and Company financials.
- Actively participate in economic development, business and community organizations to demonstrate the Company’s commitment to the Community and gain increased awareness of constituent concerns, attitudes and needs as they relate to the Company.
- Interface with the Large Customer Services account managers to achieve quality service, billing and collections and revenue requirements related to municipal and county government accounts.
This position is responsible for resolving conflicts utilizing effective communication, facilitation, conflict management and mediation skills. Position requires development of strategic relationships with key decision makers in the governmental, business and community sectors. Also requires detailed knowledge of corporate policies, laws/legislation, government policies and political climates that can affect business strategy. Requires high degree of confidentiality. Issues addressed by this position can have significant impact on the company’s financial goals, customer satisfaction, efficient operations and corporate image.
Substantial amount of off-hours participation in Municipal, Political and Community meetings is required.
Position must also be available to respond to emergencies on a 24/7 basis.
Work involves independent decision-making, leadership, creativity, and flexibility.
Position works independently with minimal supervision and frequent direct interaction with corporate leadership team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Economics, Public/Governmental relations
- 8 – 10 years relevant experience, with at least five years experience in customer service related areas
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including negotiation and facilitative skills
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of relevant computer systems and ability to display applicable level of computer literacy
- Self-motivated with ability to demonstrate independent decision-making
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Job posted: 2021-08-15