External Affairs Manager
The External Affairs Manager is a strategic and tactical role, responsible for helping to shape the reputation of The Walt Disney World Resort among several key audiences including Guests, residents, policy makers and third-party influencer groups in Florida. This role will be filled by a seasoned professional with communications, issue management, corporate social responsibility (CSR) and community and / or government relations experience. The individual will have exceptional project management skills, communications skills, reputation building, creativity and innovation in the CSR and public affairs space.
This role provides deep exposure to the ins and outs of our business as well as a hands-on opportunity in shaping perception, instilling pride, and inspiring action. The individual will be a self-starter who takes pride in their community, and can collaborate to achieve success.
The External Affairs Manager for The Walt Disney World Resort will be a dynamic professional that will help detect and respond appropriately to emerging trends or changes in stakeholder or consumer expectations and perceptions of The Walt Disney World Resort. With a deep understanding of our brand image, corporate character, and values the Manager will define strategies and create opportunities which directly and positively impact and improve our community.
This role will work closely with the resort’s public affairs leadership team to help advance business goals through planned and integrated initiatives that align charitable giving, grantmaking, Disney VoluntEARs, community stakeholder engagement, diversity and inclusion initiatives, as well as public affairs strategies.
The Manager will help develop and lead internal, ad hoc, and cross-functional teams to manage integrated corporate social responsibility programs. This work could include tactics like: developing long- and short-term corporate social responsibility programs, planning community events, informing key external and internal stakeholders, utilizing research to help identify emerging trends, and partnering with third-party and industry experts to stay up to date on consumer and stakeholder expectations, as well as developing CSR Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and key metrics.
- Thoughtfully create programs that have a measurable impact and establish metrics to evaluate outcomes. The focus areas of impact will include, but not limited to, education, public schools, youth groups, child development, STEM in education, Arts in education and workforce development.
- Actively collaborate with internal and external partners to define program goals, objectives, and other project success factors. Integrate communication tools and strategies to champion high-end engagement to increase program awareness, participation, and enthusiasm. Build and nurture ongoing strategic partnerships and alliances in our community.
- Build signature CSR engagement programs that align with business goals, priorities and values.
With a deep understanding of our brand image, corporate character, and values the Manager will define strategies and create opportunities which directly and positively impact and improve our community.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated success in public affairs, communications, corporate social responsibility, community engagement or government relations type role
- Proven project management skills and the ability to structure and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and drive to completion, often with short deadlines
- Deep knowledge of CSR industry leading best practices and innovations
- Comfort with ambiguous, unique and complex problem solving that have broad impact on the business
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced, complex organizational environment with a high degree of accountability and accuracy
- Strong consensus building skills with a proven ability to lead by influence
- Proven experience in identifying, developing and driving corporate social responsibility strategies
- Strategic thinking with a creative mindset
- Ability to identify, engage and manage multiple external stakeholders
- Strong understanding of social media and how it is used by stakeholder groups and businesses
- Previous work experience within a political campaign, governmental body or stakeholder group
- Deep knowledge of the tourism industry and its role in Florida’s economy
- Strong business acumen
- Advanced academic training or degrees in business, communication, public policy, or related areas
- Fortune 500 experience
- Proven knowledge of The Walt Disney World Resort and its work in the surrounding community and state
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-03-16