External Communications Analyst
Very Good Security
Very Good Security (“VGS”) was founded by highly successful repeat entrepreneurs and is backed by world-class investors like Goldman Sachs, Andreessen Horowitz, and Visa. We are building an amazing global team spread across four cities. As a young and growing company, we are laser-focused on delighting our customers and hiring talented and entrepreneurial-minded individuals.
This role is in the External Communications Team, which builds programs that contribute to customer trust and assurance, engagement, and communications.
What initiatives you’ll be involved in:
- Build/manage the security blogging program.
- Engage with the hacker community by building outreach programs through the bug bounty platform.
- Develop social media content and campaigns, collaborating with Marketing.
- Build and manage customer security alerts and notifications program.
- Collaborate with Marketing/PR to help identify opportunities for the Security Team to increase industry recognition and thought leadership position.
What you bring to the role:
- Experience working with technical teams and content.
- 3+ years of experience working specifically with technical security content.
- Experience with building and sustaining online communities.
- Experience with building/measuring metrics and KPIs to track success of outreach and social media program engagement.
- Experience building incentivization programs to increase contributor levels over time.
- Experience producing and publishing mass communications with email blasts and marketing campaigns.
- Excellent skills in writing, editing, research, and planning.
- Experience building and generating customer-facing technical content on webpages.
Nice to have:
- Experience with private or public security bug bounty programs.
- Cloud-native company and tech stack experience.
- Able to succeed in a remote, globally-distributed work environment.
- Highly organized, and able to triage and prioritize numerous issues and projects.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive health benefits including medical, dental, & vision insurance
- 401k plan with company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible time off
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 12 company paid holidays
- Annual employee retreat
At Very Good Security we value great talent. Striving to provide the best experience for our candidates VGS appreciates your candidacy. We consider applicants without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes under all local, state, and federal laws and ordinances.
Very Good Security (VGS) is building a modern approach to data security, compliance and privacy. VGS completely de-scopes clients from needing to hold sensitive data themselves, while still allowing them to get the full benefit of using & operating on any kind of sensitive data (payments, PII, access credentials, etc.). Beyond simply tokenizing any data type and format, VGS facilitates the secure exchange of data with approved endpoints. Additionally, with VGS, customers can manage how third parties interact with sensitive customer data without worrying about data breaches. Customers get the full use of their data, but they are not required to maintain a secure data environment themselves. (this is analogous to how companies use AWS or Google Cloud to run their business operations without needing to maintain the actual data centers themselves). A major benefit to using VGS is that companies are able to offload liability while fast-tracking compliance certifications, including PCI, SOC2, GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA and more.
Job posted: 2020-07-15