External Communications Manager
Velocity Global is one of the fastest growing self-funded companies in the United States and hands down one of the greatest places to work anywhere in the world. We seek certain qualities and passions to fit into our “Team of 10’s”:
- We move with VELOCITY and you have to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- We believe in being of service, which means you have to check your ego at the door
- We believe in taking our work seriously but not being too serious at work
- We find passion in all things international business – it has to be in your bones
If you find that the above personal attributes apply to you, please continue reading.
We are looking for a dynamic External Communications Manager to join our communications team to craft and tell our story. This full-time position is responsible for leading strategy and execution of external communications initiatives including media relations, social media, thought leadership, and executive presentations. This individual will introduce our brand and our industry to new audiences in meaningful, innovative ways through integrated communication campaigns while contributing to aggressive Marketing and Revenue growth targets. This individual reports to our Director of Corporate Communications.
Velocity Global is a high-growth International Professional Employment Organization (PEO) delivering premium international expansion services to our clients, where collaboration and communication are paramount. We live by our values of Velocity, Integrity, Professionalism, Empowerment, and Service and are always determined to be better personally and professionally in how we serve our clients and our internal team members. If you’re seeking to make an impact with a team of professionals who take on change as a challenge and strive to bring new ideas to life, this could be you.
- Developing and implementing a PR and media strategy, building reputation and ensuring effective media coverage in conjunction with Director
- Draft or oversee the creation of news releases, thought leadership content, and social media content (includes video content and external visuals).
- Interaction, recommendations and media prep with C-suite.
- Manage external PR agencies in U.S., UK, and globally as needed.
- Forge relationships with journalists and key influencers.
- Assist in crisis communications as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 4-6 years of communications experience, including a minimum of 3 years of external communications/Public Relations experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Proven track record of delivering exceptional and engaging messaging and media results
- Exceptional professional writing (AP) and editing skills and able to personally write engaging content as needed
- Advanced knowledge of (and comfortable reporting to leadership on) external measurements including media monitoring, Share of Voice, Share of Reach, and social media metrics
- Team player willing to lend expertise to achieve collective results
- Confident, creative, and dynamic individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong prioritization, organization, and project management skills with a roll up your sleeves and can-do attitude.
The salary range is 68,000-80,000 USD with a performance-based discretionary bonus. The final salary will be commensurate with experience.
Velocity Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by State and/or Federal Law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-10