Federal Affairs Analyst
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.
Assists Senior Director in office operations, including developing and implementing departmental plans, office procedures and serves as office liaison with SRP headquarters. Represents SRP Federal Affairs with internal and external audiences on varying projects. Effectively communicates at all levels of the government and company. Assists in preparing and submitting SRP’s lobbying disclosure compliance reports.
- Assists the Senior Director in the development, communication and implementation of plans, policies and procedures for SRP Federal Affairs.
- Reviews invoices and the departments expense reports, ensuring adherence to SRP policies and requires detailed understanding of SRP’s expense reporting policy and procedures.
- Serves as the office liaison to SRP headquarters for WDC office operations and support.
- Serves as project leader with a variety of trade group and coalitions to develop and execute briefings, conferences, and events.
- Serves as budget coordinator for the Federal Affairs department and works closely with the Executive Analyst on departmental and organizational budgets.
- Supervises the department’s internship program and requires understanding internal HR processes and policies.
- Prepares quarterly federal lobbying reports and notifications to SRP management.
- Sustains a network of contacts from the government and private sector to effectively communicate processes.
- Requires some travel.
5 years of office experience. Government or utility experience is preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Comfortable working with office A/V technology (including Teams, Zoom, video conferencing and multiline phone system).
- Demonstrate initiative and creative problem-solving skills by proactively anticipating issues, excellent attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Superb interpersonal skills and excellent judgment are needed to effectively interface with congressional offices, SRP executive management, and federal agencies.
- Excellent planning skills in order to undertake small and large event planning projects.
- Flexible to adjust schedule to meet job demands with a corporate headquarter that is two time zones away.
Requisition ID: 13355
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP’s success is rooted in our employees’ happiness, health and safety. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-11