Federal Affairs Associate – Washington DC-20001HP
Responsible for providing all aspects of administrative and project-specific support for the Vice President for Federal Affairs and other Federal Affairs team members. Extensive contact with internal personnel as well as individuals in congressional or government agency staff and leadership roles. Acts as Office Manager for the office and have a desire to work in government relations and learn about the legislative process.
- Interfaces with corporate headquarters and senior executives’ offices in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Coordinates scheduling of meetings and site visits and ensure that visitors are greeted and attended to in a professional and courteous manner.
- Balances competing priorities and manage both the day-to-day operations and support the longer-range goals of the office and the division to which the government relations operations reports, including assisting with production of federal lobbying disclosures.
- Arranges special events, meetings, fundraisers, travel for guests visiting DC from headquarters or other associates.
- Screens requests for time, posts corporate meetings, and initiates review processes for invitations to internal and external events.
- Ensures all travel arrangements are complete, accurate and logistically sound and will assist with the submission of expense reports and reconciliation of accounts.
- Handles all documents, mail, faxes, internal mail as well as outgoing correspondence. Looks for ways to keep project correspondence moving quickly and on time as required. Helps the team meet internal and external deadlines.
- Serves as the first point of contact for the DC office. Welcomes interactions with the DC office and ensures all who come in contact with the office feel positive about the interaction and the operation.
- Assists lobbyists with managing and tracking federal Political Action Committee (PAC) disbursements.
- Part of a team of dedicated professionals and will want all interactions to be positive and helpful.
- Welcomes opportunities to interact with colleagues throughout the corporation and within the Washington community.
- Is engaged, committed and determined to make a difference in the support of the goals and objectives of the government relations and policy functions.
This position is salaried nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in supporting an externally-facing function required.
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree preferred.
- Experience in managing administrative duties of a political action committee preferred.
- Previous experience working in Congress, Government Affairs or the Administration preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero’s employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-21