Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Federal Affairs Coordinator Senior
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.
The Federal Affairs Coordinator acts as executive assistant; provides administrative support to the Senior Director and other departmental employees through the coordination of departmental administrative functions. Job responsibilities include communicating and coordinating all office activities ranging from special requests, reports, and correspondence from federal, private sector, and SRP offices. Coordinator will have the opportunity to represent SRP at meetings as well as assist with event planning. The Coordinator must possess interpersonal savvy and excellent judgment to effectively interface with congressional offices, federal agencies, and SRP executive management.
- Often serving as the first point of contact for the Washington, DC office, the Federal Affairs Coordinator must have excellent listening and communication skills; be able to quickly build rapport; and provide accurate information in a succinct and timely manner.
- Responsible for general departmental administrative duties, including but not limited to answering and directing phone calls; preparing expense reports and check requests; open, screen, distribute departmental mail; maintaining office supplies; filing; and timekeeping.
- The coordinator will synchronize local and travel scheduling for the Senior Director. Assist with onsite logistical plans for SRP executive management traveling to the Washington, DC office.
- Assist in event planning for luncheons, forums, and receptions for SRP or external groups that help elevate SRP’s profile on Capitol Hill. The coordinator will help develop/maintain distribution lists, speaker invitations, and assist in venue walkthroughs.
- Support activities that relate to SRP PIC including but not limited to preparing monthly PIC contribution requests and participating in PIC monthly calls. Federal affairs coordinator will adhere to federal statutes pertaining to lobbying and Political Action Committee rules.
- Maintain project schedules and data entry (Excel) for databases specific to departmental functions.
- Manage multiple projects and assist Senior Director in tracking and meeting project deadlines.
At job entry, placement will be determined by a review of college transcripts and related work experience. A minimum of 6 years of related experience is required for the senior level. Once placed into the job family, an employee may become eligible for promotion by demonstrating the ability to perform advanced and more difficult work as determined by their management and meeting experience requirements.
- Experience as an executive assistant preferred.
- Must be thoroughly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of SRP organization and department functions, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of SRP accounting procedures for check requests, expense reports, and travel arrangements.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written, with particular emphasis on excellent phone manner and political savvy.
- Demonstrate creative problem solving skills by proactively anticipating issues, excellent attention to detail, and aility to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Comfortable working with modern office technology (including Skype, video conferencing and multiline phone system).
- Superb interpersonal skills and excellent judgment are needed to affectively interface with congressional offices, SRP executive management, and federal agencies.
- Ability to work and make decisions independently, set priorities, and exercise good time management skills.
- Demonstrate diplomacy and excellent judgment to handle sensitive issues in conducting SRP business.
- Excellent planning skills in order to undertake small and large event planning projects.
- Flexible to adjust schedule to meet job demands with a corporate headquarter that is two time zones away.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications is required.
- Ability to initiate, coordinate, and follow through on assigned projects.
Requisition ID: 13705
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP’s success is rooted in our employees’ happiness, health and safety. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-19