Federal Affairs Manager
Digital Liberty is a sister organization of Americans for Tax Reform that advocates for free market technology, telecommunications, and media policy. Digital Liberty believes that free markets and consumer choice – not state and federal bureaucrats – should determine the American technology and media landscape.
The Digital Liberty Federal Affairs Manager will play a supportive role to Digital Liberty’s Executive Director in forming positions including, but not limited to antitrust, internet regulation, and spectrum policy (this role does NOT include IT administration responsibilities). The position will include advocating these positions before Congress and relevant federal agencies. The position is full-time, salaried and in Washington, D.C.
Other tasks may include identifying emerging policy debates related to technology, tracking legislation and regulation of emerging technologies, and writing OpEds and blogs related to policy debates. There will be significant focus on antitrust, privacy, and security policy. Digital Liberty serves as a resource to elected officials confronted with these policy challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, Post Graduate degree welcome
- 2-5 years relevant experience with antitrust, telecommunications and/or technology policy
- Comfortable speaking publicly
- Ability to do through research and write subsequent papers and blogs on a tight deadline
- Ability to follow directions
- Basic knowledge of how to use social media accounts
- Self-motivated and disciplined with a high degree of comfort working both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent organizational, analytical, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues
- Commitment to Free Market ideals
Submit resume & references to email@example.com
Job posted: 2021-01-26