Federal Affairs Manager, Policy & Research
The Federal Affairs Manager position, as part of the Government Affairs department of Weiser, supports strategic initiatives of government affairs activities involving federal legislative and regulatory advocacy for client associations.
- Direct government affairs division in implementing federal legislative and regulatory activity
- Manage the research to support client’s legislative policy agenda.
- Administer responses to rules and requests for information from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- May manage political donation program, PAC program, and other influencing strategies
- Develops and implements tactical plans for department including priorities, objectives, and timelines to meet performance goals
- Track, report, and occasionally analyze various legislative and regulatory actions at the federal and sometimes state level
- Advocates with elected officials to shape public policy in favor of client priorities
- Develops grass-roots campaigns to advocate client’s position on important issues
- Support social media/website activity for timely news and issue-related updates
- Assist government affairs department in supporting client meetings, including but not limited to, speaker recruitment, attendee contacts, and event notices and dissemination
- Travel up to 15%. The position requires work from HQ once a quarter (Schaumburg, IL). Some work on weekends and weeknights will be required.
- BA/BS required.
- JD/MPP/MPH preferred, with a background in political science, health care or communications.
- 3-5 years legislative/regulator and/or government relations experience, preferably in health care, federal legislative office or department.
- Working knowledge of federal legislative/regulatory process.
- Political Action Committee PAC experience beneficial.
- Strong oral and written presentation/communication skills.
- Web and social media experience helpful.
- Computer literacy required.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-04-29