Federal External Relations Lead – Government Relations & Public Policy Senior Consultant
Job ID 5564371
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Public Affairs brings together teams responsible for engaging with the company’s stakeholders. This organization exists to support, strengthen and protect Wells Fargo’s reputation by building trust and positive societal impact for all of our stakeholders. Teams within Public Affairs include: Corporate Communications, Corporate Philanthropy and Community Relations; Government Relations and Public Policy; Platform and Digital Services; Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility and Public Affairs Chief Operating Office.
Reporting to head of External Relations, this position will focus on developing an engagement strategy for federal public policy. Additionally, this individual will lead enterprise-wide initiatives and manage external organizations focused on federal issues, policy, and politics. This position will be located at 1750 H Street NW in Washington, DC.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as the relationship manager for assigned organizations, keeping them focused on supporting Wells Fargo
- Drive engagement with advocacy groups, think tanks, trade associations and other outside stakeholders
- Advise leadership of federal public policy developments and potential implications that may affect the company
- Partner with stakeholders to set strategy, construct business cases, and execute large multi-group initiatives
- Cultivate relationships at the federal level to support Wells Fargo’s reputation, brand and policy priorities
- Identify allies and critics, develop an outreach approach, including the strategic allocation of financial resources
- Partner with Corporate Communications to develop strategies and ensure Wells Fargo is speaking with one voice
Government Relations & Public Policy (GRPP) leads the company’s engagement with policy makers and leaders at the federal, state, and local levels on public policy and regulatory matters that affect our ability to conduct business and serve customers. The team includes six areas of practice – Federal Government Relations, State and Local Government Relations, Regulatory Relations, Public Policy, Political Programs, and External Relations – and is supported by the GRPP Compliance and Operations team.
Depending on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date.
- 8+ years of experience in government relations or public affairs
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience working with the Federal government on public policy issues
- Experience working with advocacy organizations or on stakeholder management
- Experience working on a political campaign or other campaign-type experience
- Experience directing and implementing strategies to achieve public policy goals
- Experience working with think tanks and idea generation for research projects
- Experience designing and driving public affairs campaigns
- Experience counseling senior leaders regarding public policy positions
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-16