Federal Government Affairs Director
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals who thrive on challenge and change, and who want to make a difference through the delivery of results.
About the role:
This role is responsible for supporting the organizational policy strategy at the federal level. The position will develop advocates within Congress and the administration, monitor and analyze federal government proposals, and seek to shape proposals to align with Greenwich Biosciences’ policy objectives. This position will report directly into the Senior Director, Federal Government Affairs.
- Develop and manage relationships with and outreach to Congress, the administration, and relevant external stakeholders
- Monitor, review, and analyze legislative and/or administrative actions that potentially have an impact upon the company to identify potential opportunities and threats.
- Participate with industry associations and as necessary with other stakeholders and professional associations
- Work cross functionally with state government affairs, policy, marketing, market access, medical affairs, legal, and sales to strategically align the organization on policy goals with the federal government
- Work with external federal consultants to ensure alignment with company objectives
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years experience in working with U.S. Congress, federal agencies, trade/business associations,
- Preferred expertise in working with the pharmaceutical industry
- Proven track record of building relationships to partner towards common objectives
- Demonstrated ability to work and integrate across functional areas to achieve organizational goals
- Successful ability to build strategies and enroll commitment from stakeholders through communication
- The successful candidate must demonstrate skills in goal achievement, teamwork, flexibility, holding others accountable, strategic planning, and executive presence
Why Work at Greenwich Biosciences?
GW Pharmaceuticals (GW), along with its U.S. subsidiary Greenwich Biosciences, is a pioneering global biopharmaceutical company that has established a world-leading position in cannabinoid science and medicines over the last 20 years. GW’s mission is to transform the lives of seriously ill patients through developing and delivering rigorously tested cannabis-derived pharmaceutical medicines. Our aim is to develop regulatory-approved medicines with documented safety and efficacy profiles that are manufactured to the highest standards.
GW’s research efforts initially focused on the unmet needs of patients with Multiple Sclerosis (MS), while in recent years the Company has focused on helping children and adults with severe, life-threatening forms of epilepsy. Looking to the future, GW’s deep scientific knowledge and extensive body of research is enabling the Company to explore new therapeutic areas, including neurology, oncology, psychiatry and autism spectrum disorders.
Since the Company was founded in 1998, more than 6,000 patients have been involved in GW’s clinical trials globally. GW has collected more than 80,000 years of human safety data, been featured in more than 80 peer-reviewed publications, and generated high-quality evidence which has appeared in the New England Journal of Medicine and The Lancet. In 2018, TIME magazine named GW one of the ‘Top 50 Genius Companies of 2018 That Are Inventing the Future’ in recognition of this work.
We are looking for talented individuals who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of our patients. Greenwich Biosciences’ headquarters are in Carlsbad, CA. Our Parent company GW Pharmaceuticals, PLC, was founded in 1998 and is based in the UK.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-30