Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
Your Journey Begins With Us!
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority is seeking a Manager Federal Government Affairs Program. The incumbent will oversee the execution of federal lobbying strategies for the Aviation and Dulles Corridor Enterprises. Acts as liaison between the Airports Authority and all levels of federal governmental and non-governmental support organizations (such as industry association) on matters of critical importance to the Airports Authority. Performs related functions.
- Maintains awareness of politically sensitive issues, critical needs, and areas of special concern or urgent/vital interest to the Airports Authority.
- Develops and executes lobbying strategies to present the Airports Authority’s position and represent its interests on legislative initiatives at the federal level.
- Analyzes federal legislative proposals, rules/regulations or other issues/actions to assess the impact on key Airports Authority policies, programs, and funding sources.
- Develops or approves briefing papers, testimony and similar communications material to present to federal officials, legislators, and key staff.
- Attends federal legislative sessions and events to personally communicate with officials and staff regarding the Airports Authority’s position and testifies at hearings, as needed.
- Researches issues and prepares official responses to inquired from federal governmental entities such as the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), and the National Park Service (NPS); elected officials; and the general public.
- Serves as a key advisor to the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Executive Vice President and Chief Revenue Officer (CRO), and the Vice President for Communications and Government Affairs on overarching federal governmental affairs strategy and strategic governmental affairs initiatives.
- Supports the State and Local Government Affairs Program Manager, as required, and works with state/local governmental entities as appropriate.
- Represents the Airports Authority at meetings, conferences and hearings on matters concerning the Airports Authority’s interests at the federal level.
- A bachelor’s degree in any field or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training totaling four years.
- Eight years of progressively responsible experience in government affairs that includes: successfully developing and implementing strategic efforts to represent and promote an organization’s interests; and maintaining liaisons with senior level governmental officials.
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority is an equal opportunity employer
To view the full job description and to apply, please visit: www.mwaa.com/about/careers
Job Posted: August 19, 2017