Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Federal Government Relations, Executive Director
Global Government Relations (GGR) is housed within Corporate Responsibility and is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive policy, regulatory and advocacy strategy on behalf of JPMorgan Chase. This includes engaging in balanced advocacy with regulators and policymakers, understanding and providing thought leadership on how policies affect the firm’s clients and economic growth overall, and governing internal coordination among regions and lines of business on global regulatory reform issues.
As the Federal Government Relations (FGR) Executive Director, you will work with the Global Government Relations Team to monitor legislative activities, analyze policy and political trends, educate Congressional and Executive Branch public officials on issues of shared interest, collaborate with the firm’s lines of business and clients about emerging issues, and develop, support and promote the advancement of public policy priorities impacting the firm and our clients.
- Assist in managing federal legislative issues on behalf of JPMC and engage policymakers at the highest levels of government
- Engage with senior JPMC executives and key leaders of internal lines of business to understand and advocate on behalf of key business priorities
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key policymakers in the federal legislative and executive branches
- Assist in determining priorities and devise strategies to represent JPMC’s interests in Washington
- Coordinate with industry trade associations to maximize effectiveness
- Build industry coalitions on matters of shared interests
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- 12+ years of experience in policy and/or regulatory development and analysis
- Deep understanding of financial services and business issues
- Demonstrated leadership skills, strategic thinking, policy acumen, and strong work ethic
- Proven and effective lobbying outcomes at the federal level
- Exceptional relationships and considerable experience with navigating and understanding federal politics and legislative processes
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communications skills, including both public speaking and the ability to engage with senior executives
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to excel and maintain a positive attitude in a high-performance, fast-paced professional environment, while managing multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
ABOUT THE TEAM
Job posted: 2023-05-01