Federal Government Relations Lead – (18025424)
Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
At Syngenta, we are working to build the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture that provides leading seeds and crop protection innovations to enhance the prosperity of farmers. We are currently seeking a Federal Government Relations Lead in the Washington, DC area.
You will enhance Syngenta’s freedom to operate by working of the following priorities:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Members of Congress, the Administration, Congressional staff, and industry colleagues. Leverage those relationships to develop new opportunities to raise Syngenta’s profile and image in Washington.
- Manage and grow the Syngenta Political Action Committee (PAC) through annual campaigns and regular communications. Manage meetings and contacts with the SyngentaPAC Board. Work to properly channel PAC contributions to strategic Members of Congress and elected state leaders who reflect Syngenta’s views and values, including by representing Syngenta at fundraisers. Manage SyngentaPAC database, website, and relationship with outside vendor.
- Advise and inform others in Syngenta on legislative, regulatory, and political issues
- Provide legislative analysis
- Attend hearings, markups, briefings, and other meeting
- Prepare letters, issue briefs, and internal memos
- Conduct research on multiple policy and business development projects
- Actively participate in relevant issue coalitions
- At least three years of related experience in the agricultural sector or in the Federal legislative arena; Contacts and relationships on Capitol Hill
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Basic knowledge and understanding of science and technology of agribusiness
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and work independently and proactively
- Must be authorized to work for Syngenta in the United States without work authorization sponsorship
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-17