Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Federal Government Relations Liaison
The Federal Government Relations Liaison will develop and lead relations and collaboration with federal legislators and regulators who make legislative and public policy decisions. The role will to engage Federal legislators, staff, and regulators, in collaboration with colleagues to support Regeneron’s public policy and legislative initiatives.
A typical day might include the following:
- Developing and enacting a strategic plan for outreach and maintenance of relationships with key Federal legislators and regulators.
- Working with Policy and Stakeholder Engagement leads to help Regeneron departments and interest groups understand, react, and incorporate the changing legislative landscape into business and corporate goals.
- Working with Federal and State public policy and government affairs teams to identify allies and opportunities to partner with organizations that are aligned with Regeneron’s public policy objectives
- Maintaining a dialogue and discussion with key federal regulators and staff regarding key public policy and legislative priorities
- Advancing Regeneron’s legislative and public policy priorities
This role may be for you if you:
- Have a high level of energy and passion for public policy, government affairs, patients, innovative science, biotechnology, and public health.
- Are adept at developing professional relationships with legislators, regulators, and staff to improve understanding of and support for public policies that promote discovery, development, delivery of access to innovative medicines.
- Are passionate about collaborating with internal and external partners in support of public policy initiatives and legislation that enhance innovation, affordability, and access to innovative medicines.
- Can liaise and partner across Regeneron’s departments to ensure alignment and advancement of our business and patient-focused objectives.
- Work across departments to develop content and policy materials to support goals.
To be considered for this role you must possess: A Bachelor or higher degree in public policy, law, political science, or related experience. 6+ years of experience within Congress, regulatory / policy advocacy organization, or government relations. Experience working directly with federal legislators and regulators. Knowledge of government affairs, public policy, and patient, provider, and health care organization community. Knowledge of health care system and key policies relevant to biopharmaceutical sector. A track record of working collaboratively and within cross-functional teams. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-08