Federal Government Relations Manager – PAC & Grassroots
The Federal Government Relations Manager for PAC & Grassroots is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of PAC and grassroots programs by maximizing fundraising, strategically targeting PAC contributions and encouraging and coordinating increased political involvement within company. This individual will implement the strategy for all aspects of the Political Action Committee (PAC) management and strategy, grassroots activity and engagement, oversight of political and grassroots involvement tools, internal and external fundraising, contacts and relationships with campaigns and party organizations, and organizing fundraisers.
Enhance PAC Membership and Receipts– help devise marketing strategies using new, innovative ideas for WalgreenCo PAC.
- Coordinate solicitations to prospective members.
- Track all contribution requests and recommendations
- Effectively target member involvement, prospective donors through letters, phone calls, e-mails, solicitation materials.
- PAC research
- Research, monitor and obtain information from pharmacy/other companies on current fundraising trends in order to implement new ideas into existing fundraising activities. Obtain this information through phone calls, conferences, and one-on-one meetings.
- Exchange ideas and information about prospective fundraising programs with other fundraising professionals outside Walgreens.
- Grassroots – work creatively with government relations staff to help develop a robust Federal grassroots program which will enhance lobbying efforts
- Develop written communications to inform employees and management on grassroots action alerts and priority issues
- Help determine and implement best vehicle of communication for broadcasting grassroots initiatives
- Track and report on results of grassroots campaigns
- Maintain and grow Walgreens’ grassroots network
- Effectively and quantitatively contribute to the success of lobbying initiatives and grassroots campaigns
- Grassroots events – coordinate with operations staff to host grassroots events
- Create a checklist (kit) to guide local marketing staff hosting grassroots events
- Tailor briefing documents for local grassroots events. Briefing documents include policymakers’ biographies, legislative background, etc. (in conjunction with Government Relations staff)
- Engages in political activity representing Walgreen Co. as approved by management parties.
Walgreens, one of the nation’s largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience in PAC, fundraising, grassroots, or political affairs.
- Knowledge of Federal and state fundraising laws and regulations.
- Experience attending to more than one issue /project with more than one completion date simultaneously.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-04