Federal Government Relations Senior Manager
Intuit is a global technology platform that helps our customers and communities overcome their most important financial challenges. We help give over 50 million consumer, small business, and self-employed customers around the world the opportunity to prosper.
Intuit is seeking a strategic policy leader to join our federal government relations team. Candidates should be able to manage high energy and fast paced interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
Successful candidates should be able to develop and execute holistic strategic plans to achieve desired objectives across their designated portfolio in service to the company’s strategy.
What you’ll bring
- At a minimum, 10 years’ relevant U.S. Congressional and / or relevant executive branch agency experience, with a demonstrated track record.
- Issue experience in legislative and regulatory policy regarding financial services, fintech, and related consumer protection is highly desired.
- Experience working in leadership or as staff for a committee of relevant jurisdiction or for a member on such committee;
- Strong networking and connections to Democratic Senators, Members and staff highly desired.
- Professional experience as a manager/leader in federal advocacy in corporate or trade association position, or a combination thereof, desirable
- Strong relationships and networking ability with knowledge of the key stakeholders and coalitions
- Motivated self-starter and ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Desire to be innovative and part of a growing team
- BA in Political Science, Business Administration, Public Policy or equivalent work experience preferred; Graduate work in Business or Juris Doctor desirable
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholdersStrategic thinker, who can translate a vision into government relations and political strategies with executable tactical project plans to achieve tangible results, while solving for both long-term and short-term objectives
- Critical thinker, who is able to identify and link disparate pieces of information to understand and problem solve in a government affairs context, including political intelligence, policy issues, legislative and regulatory processes, with the ability to translate between the political, policy and business environments
- Strategic leadership and the ability to shape the external environment. You must be energized and comfortable taking the lead to drive, partner and clearly communicate at multiple levels and with a wide variety of internal and external businesses and stakeholders
- Integrity Without Compromise: A career professional with demonstrated adherence to the highest ethical and legal standards in both personal and professional actions, communications, and interactions. We hold ourselves and each other to the highest standards in all we say and do. Our actions and communications are always direct, honest, and transparent
- Must be located in the greater Washington, DC metro.
How you will lead
Expand and develop our Federal Government Relations program focusing on activities with elected officials and policy makers with a specific focus on financial services. Public policy advocacy, as well as external relationship development and management key to achieving positive business goal outcomes.
The identification, tracking and analysis of emerging public policy issues pertinent to the businesses in which Intuit is engaged; as well as assist in management of external consultants and associations to achieve an effective and successful external affairs program. Relationship building with key public policy leaders in critical issue areas including financial services, technology and consumer affairs.
Proactive partnership with internal stakeholders to develop strategically aligned government relations initiatives. Additionally, the successful candidate will be required to work with senior corporate leaders and work on internal teams across multiple business units.
- Working with the Director U.S. Government Relations and the Corporate Affairs leadership team, helps identify and develop Intuit’s lobbying and political action strategies on priority federal legislative and policy issues, including direct lobbying and grassroots outreach, for integrated, effective advocacy across the federal government and within appropriate industry associations.
- Working with the Director, U.S. Government Relations, helps develop, manage and cultivate Intuit’s engagement with key stakeholders on critical issues which affect business value. Key stakeholders include the key U.S. Government Agencies, Congress with primary responsibilities for the Senate, industry associations, NGOs, think tanks and international institutions.
- Develops technical expertise of primary issues assigned so as to be a key resource to the GR team and company.
- When appropriate, helps to maximizes the effectiveness with trade associations by making them aware of Intuit’s key priorities, the analytics behind them, and the imperative to support them proactively.
- Assists with providing oversight of the development, implementation and monitoring of lobbying activities and functions, including but not limited to, the following: drafting issue briefs, white papers and lobbying points on important issues to Intuit; drafting letters to Members of Congress, Administration officials, as well as preparing Congressional testimony; working with coalitions and trade associations to broaden and enhance Intuit’s presence and leadership.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-01