Federal Government Relations Specialist(Job Number: AHM0004KY)
Supports Honda’s federal relations functions, including:
• Advocacy with Federal elected officials and Congressional staff and members of the Executive Branch
• Promote Honda’s positions within our trade associations and with third party influencers
• Work with Genpos and internal working groups to understand impact of sophisticated legislative or executive action, and inform teams about public policy issues and political environment.
• Identify and track relevant federal public policy issues and legislation in assigned areas that could present a threat or opportunity to Honda’s business in the U.S., and share legislative developments with government and industry relations leadership, working groups and company leadership.
• Develop policy positions, collateral materials, and legislative strategy providing political context and knowledge of political environment; ability to successfully execute advocacy strategy.
• Lobby and advocate Honda’s interests and positions with Congress and the Administration through in person meetings, phone and written communications.
• Represent Honda in trade association and coalitions to protect and advance Honda’s interests
• Support government and industry relations efforts to enhance Honda’s reputation among key audiences
• Promote and represent Honda as a leader and trusted resource on relevant Federal policy issues through outreach participation on issue panels and policy forums; identify similar opportunities for Honda executives
• BA/BS in Political Science or related field or equivalent professional experience
• 5-8 years professional experience with lobbying/public policy advocacy or Congressional/Federal service
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Understanding of Federal Legislative process
• Knowledge of technology and intellectual property policy (preferred)
• Knowledge of Honda/automobile/powersports industry (preferred)
• Ability to identify and track federal legislation or executive actions that may impact company business
• Ability to provide accurate information about Honda issue position and/or reputation messaging in a timely manner
• Ability to update and provide recommendations about public policy position development
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-19