Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Federal Legal Fellow – Regulatory Advocacy
Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention advocacy group in the country, is seeking a passionate, dedicated attorney to join its federal legal team. The federal legal team works to advance Everytown’s mission to reduce gun violence by improving gun-related laws, regulations and funding opportunities at the federal level, generating groundbreaking original legal research, and contributing to Everytown’s position as a thought leader in the gun violence prevention movement. The federal legal team works on policy solutions to all forms of gun violence, including city gun violence, gun suicide, domestic terrorism, gun trafficking, domestic violence, gun industry oversight, and gun violence research. The fellow will assist senior attorneys on the federal legal team in managing Everytown’s federal regulatory docket: monitoring federal regulatory and funding trends and developments related to gun violence and using creative thinking skills to identify new opportunities for regulatory, funding or executive action.
- Track, analyze, and report on federal regulatory and funding trends and developments impacting gun violence across a wide array of regulatory agencies, including regulatory proposals, policy guidance, grant opportunities, and rule-makings
- Assist with regulatory, funding and executive advocacy efforts including writing memos, comment letters, fact sheets, and other advocacy materials
- Maintain organizing tools to track regulatory projects and assist in managing Everytown’s federal regulatory docket
- Conduct thorough legal research and use creative thinking skills to identify opportunities for proactive policy engagement
- Present key regulatory updates and strategy recommendations to senior team members
- Quickly dive into new policy areas and master existing gun violence prevention policies
- JD and membership in a state bar
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience with 1+ years of experience in regulatory policy or administrative law
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-moving environment and deliver timely and high-quality work
- Hybrid work schedule and comfort working in a busy open-plan office
- Strong commitment to reducing and preventing gun violence
- Quarterly travel to New York City may be required
This is a full-time position based in Washington D.C. The salary for this position is $85,000 per year. Everytown offers a generous benefits package including PTO, 401K Match, Education Assistance and more.
Everytown is the largest gun violence prevention organization in the nation with nearly ten million supporters, including parents, students, survivors, educators, gun owners, and Americans fighting for common sense gun safety. Through victories in Congress, statehouses, corporate America, the courts, and town halls across the country, Everytown is helping change how Americans think about this public health threat. At the core of Everytown is Moms Demand Action, a grassroots movement of American mothers founded the day after the Sandy Hook tragedy, and Students Demand Action. Learn more at everytown.org and follow us @Everytown.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-11-12