Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention advocacy organization in the country, is seeking a federal lobbyist to join our Federal Affairs team. Everytown works with policymakers across the federal government on both sides of the aisle to advance smart, data-driven, pragmatic gun violence prevention policies.
About the Role:
- Represent Everytown for Gun Safety to the Executive Branch and Congress, including by building relationships, meeting with key officials, legislators, and staff, gathering information, and advancing our strategic and policy goals. This role will serve as the organization’s lead liaison to the Biden administration in addition to assisting with congressional outreach.
- Help craft and execute Everytown’s federal strategy.
- Advocate with administration officials and Congress to build support for priority gun safety initiatives and stop dangerous policy proposals via executive actions, regulations, Statements of Administration Policy, legislation, hearings, briefings and events, and more.
- Assist in the drafting of materials for the administration and Congress and monitor regulatory actions, legislation, hearings and markups, and stakeholder discussions relevant to Everytown’s priorities.
- Prepare and staff volunteers with Moms Demand Action and Students Demand Action, survivors of gun violence, and other members of the Everytown network who are attending meetings with the administration or Congress, testifying at hearings, speaking at press conferences, etc.
- Represent Everytown in conversations with the administration and Capitol Hill to advance our organization’s diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Recruit key officials and policymakers to attend Everytown and Moms Demand Action events and help staff those events, including press conferences, receptions, and fly-ins.
- Attend events and fundraisers on behalf of Everytown for Gun Safety and our Political Action Committee.
About the Ideal Candidate:
- At least seven years of experience as a senior staffer or lobbyist on Capitol Hill or in the Executive Branch, preferably at or equivalent to the Legislative Director level. Title and salary are negotiable upon experience.
- Established relationships with members of the Biden administration, Members of Congress, staff, committees, caucuses, and within federal agencies. Previous experience working with the Executive Branch is a plus.
- Deep understanding of the inner workings of the Executive Branch and Capitol Hill, agency and congressional procedure, and politics.
- Successful track record of building relationships and working with both parties.
- Creative, self-motivated, and a strong communicator capable of handling competing priorities and working collaboratively with teams across the organization.
This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Senior Director of Federal Affairs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-08