Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention advocacy organization in the country, is seeking a federal lobbyist to join our Federal Affairs team. Everytown works with policymakers across the federal government on both sides of the aisle to advance smart, data-driven, pragmatic gun violence prevention policies.
About the role:
- Represent Everytown for Gun Safety to Congress and the Executive Branch, including building relationships, meeting with key officials, legislators, and staff, gathering information, and advancing our strategic and policy goals. This role will serve as the organization’s lead Senate strategist and liaison.
- Help craft and execute Everytown’s federal strategy in consultation with Everytown’s senior leadership.
- Advocate with Congress and Administration officials to build support for priority gun safety initiatives and stop dangerous policy proposals via executive actions, regulations, Statements of Administration Policy, legislation, hearings, briefings and events, and more.
- Assist in the drafting of materials for Congress and the Administration and monitor regulatory actions, legislation, hearings and markups, and stakeholder discussions relevant to Everytown’s priorities.
- Prepare and staff volunteers with Moms Demand Action and Students Demand Action, survivors of gun violence, and other members of the Everytown network who are attending meetings with Congress or the Administration, testifying at hearings, speaking at press conferences, etc.
- Represent Everytown in conversations with Capitol Hill and the Administration to advance our organization’s diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Recruit key Members and officials to attend Everytown and Moms Demand Action events and help staff those events, including press conferences, receptions, and fly-ins.
- Attend events and fundraisers on behalf of Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund and our Political Action Committee.
The Ideal Candidate should possess or be:
- 7+ years of experience as a senior staffer or lobbyist on Capitol Hill or in the Executive Branch, preferably in the Senate, and at or equivalent to the Legislative Director level.
- Established relationships with Members of Congress, staff, committees, caucuses, members of the Biden-Harris Administration, and/or within federal agencies.
- Deep understanding of the inner workings of Capitol Hill and the Executive branch, Senate procedure, and politics.
- Successful track record of building relationships and working with both parties.
- Creative, self-motivated, and a strong communicator capable of handling competing priorities and working collaboratively with teams across the organization.
This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Senior Director of Federal Affairs. Limited travel may be required as needed.
The salary range for this position is $150K – $170K per year. Everytown offers a generous benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, PTO, 401K Match, Education Assistance and more.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Everytown for Gun Safety
Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund (“Everytown for Gun Safety”) is the largest gun violence prevention organization in the nation with nearly ten million supporters, including parents, students, survivors, educators, gun owners, and Americans fighting for commonsense gun safety. Through victories in Congress, statehouses, corporate America, the courts, and town halls across the country, Everytown is helping change how Americans think about this public health threat. At the core of Everytown is Moms Demand Action, a grassroots movement of American mothers founded the day after the Sandy Hook tragedy, and Students Demand Action. Learn more at everytown.org and follow us @Everytown.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-11-12