What We’ll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.What You’ll Bring:
- Meaningful policy or political experience on data technology, healthcare, privacy or financial services matters.
- Demonstrable track record of legislative and/or regulatory success with U.S. elected officials or regulators.
- Understanding of legislative, regulatory and political processes, including Congressional procedure and the Administrative Procedures Act.
- 5 -10 years of public policy, public affairs, legal or political experience.
- Keen business acumen.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex issues in a fast-moving environment.
- High-energy, self-motivated, collaborative and positive attitude.
- Clear reputation for ethical conduct.
- Exemplary performance record
Impact You’ll Make:
In collaboration with TransUnion’s Government Affairs team and business partners, this position will play a central role in executing and delivering on TransUnion’s government relations and political strategy. This position will engage directly with elected officials and their staffs, industry associations, and other stakeholders in the advancement of TransUnion’s public policy and thought leadership objectives.
Core Duties / Responsibilities:
- Advance TransUnion’s overarching government relations objectives through lobbying.
- Build and maintain relationships with key public officials.
- Monitor and report on legislative initiatives at the federal and state levels. Proactively identify opportunities for building the TU brand and thought leadership.
- Report to senior management on political developments and the broader political topography relevant to the Company’s commercial interests.
- Position TransUnion as a leader in the risk, data, analytics, and information policy discussions occurring in Washington through engagement with peers and industry associations.
Main Interface Externally:
- U.S. Congress
- Trump Administration (i.e., Treasury, NEC)
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Federal Trade Commission and other government entities
- Consumer Data Industry Association and other relevant trade associations
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
TransUnion’s Internal Job Title:
Advisor, Government Relations
Job posted: 2020-02-13