Federal Marketing Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re looking for an A-Player to join our Public Sector Marketing team and drive our marketing strategy in Federal.
We are seeking a top-notch marketer who is passionate and authentic, possesses great communication skills, and who has the ability to drive excellence in execution. Are you a sales-oriented marketing professional with strategic depth and disruptive thinking who can manage through change and consistently deliver on aggressive growth targets.? If so, this may be the role for you!
Planning & Execution
- Develop, refine and implement a quarterly marketing plan with distinct strategic focus areas and tactical activities for the US Federal market
- Work with the capture team to build & execute marketing plans with strategic / focus partners .
- Stay within quarterly budget allocation.
- Ensure marketing programs & tactics delivered on time, within budget, meeting ROI expectations/forecast
Elevate Brand and Drive Demand
- Work with marketing agencies to develop media presence and strategy within Federal Market
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure all articles are approved and published
- Focus on executing impactful campaigns to drive demand
- Leverage automated processes to execute always-on programs
- Foster creativity and find new ways to market with end users and partner teams
- Manage content for the Palo Alto Networks US Federal web properties
- Act as the marketing “quarterback” for Federal sales teams, capture team, Federal product marketing team, US Government Affairs and Policy team, and corporate marketing functions
- Coordinate with speedboats to communicate strategic focus areas and manage event execution.
- Provide weekly marketing updates to key Sales stakeholders via weekly calls and email communications
- Assist with PR/AR engagements for the Federal market
- Meet pipeline/bookings targets set by GTM for Federal Sales
- Drive new logo acquisition and refresh opportunities to drive pipeline
- Manage Federal customer & partner participation at global corporate events
- Communicate quarterly marketing contribution to pipeline metrics to Sales teams via Einstein dashboards
Action oriented, ability to work in a fast paced environment, good written and verbal communication skills, is a strategic thinker as well as is adept at multitasking and tactical execution, experience with SFDC, Allocadia and G Suite.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in working with direct and indirect sales teams to meet & exceed pipeline goals and bookings targets
- Proven experience of consistently delivering on expectations and getting the job done
- Expertise in cybersecurity B2B marketing is preferred
- BA in Marketing or other related field
Our marketing team has an opportunity like no other industry: high impact work and the chance to change the future of digital security. This team builds materials for our partners, our sales teams, and our industry. Being in marketing at Palo Alto Networks means that you will be in the midst of the changes impacting our industry, and helping our internal teams, customers, and partners address the ever-changing threats we all face on a day-to-day basis.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-29