Federal Policy Fellow
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for an Executive Communications Lead to support the President of Palo Alto Networks and the go-to-market organization. Part of the global communications team, this role will ensure company strategy plus organizational initiatives and projects are clearly communicated to our global sales teams. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast and collaborative environment and has a proven track record as a strategic doer and organizer. Experience in a communications team is essential, especially internal communications, preferably for a large organization in tech, cloud or cybersecurity. You will be the principal communications advisor to the President, overseeing and managing proactive and reactive communications.
- Work collaboratively to establish a comms strategy that keeps Sales employees informed and ensures key messages cascade through different levels of leadership
- Create communications and slides for large internal sessions (e.g. company meetings) or announcements (e.g. critical “All Sales” news).
- Draft compelling speeches and presentations for external audiences (e.g. Keynotes at conferences).
- Plan, edit and write creative content for a variety of internal communications mediums, understanding the voice of the company while ensuring messages are timely and consistent
- Prepare customer communications on behalf of the President to tight deadlines
- Coordinate across key stakeholders (e.g. design teams, events group, HR) for major events including our annual Sales Kick Off, customer keynotes etc, responding to feedback and adjusting accordingly.
- Selectively support strategic presentations including Board of Director materials
- 7-10 years of Communications experience, including work with executives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to translate information creatively into amazing content
- Experience developing and managing engaging meetings and communications for large audiences
- Strong team player and creative thinker who partners well with a broad cross-functional team; ability to influence without authority and build strong senior relationships to gain input and buy-in for design and implementation of changes.
- A highly organized and self-motivated individual, able to execute priorities concurrently to deadlines.
- A true plus is a great sense of humor! And a desire to have fun while contributing to a great company culture
Part of the Global Communications team, working in collaboration with the Global Ecosystems Team, this newly created role will help Palo Alto Networks deliver on its mission to be the cybersecurity partner of choice. This person will understand the work and priorities of the Global Ecosystems Team and establish an ongoing communications strategy for all aspects. An excellent writer and communicator with experience across both communications and go-to-market programs, you’ll be as comfortable with long term strategic planning as you are with addressing urgent issues to deadlines. You’ll be a trusted partner to key constituents, including ecosystems, corporate development and go to market leaders, and regional partners.
LOCATION: Preferred SF Bay Area; will also consider remote.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-26