Federal Program Director (Information Technology Communications)
DCG Communications (DCG) is seeking a Federal Program Director (Information Technology Communications) to provide daily management and leadership of a large, multi-year full-service communications project. In this role, you will serve as a trusted advisor to the client, design and launch enterprise-wide campaigns, develop and oversee the implementation of communications strategies, and help shape the client’s brand, internally and externally. The program director is responsible for managing client relations, coordinating with the contracting officer’s representative to modify work as needed, supporting the professional development and growth of team members, and overseeing contract deliverable execution. In this position, you will join our rapidly growing communications team focused on promoting technology’s role in to enhancing the Veteran experience.
On this fast-paced, high-profile account, you will support the overall performance and management of multiple communications initiatives, serve as the primary client contact, supporting outstanding performance, and anticipate and fulfill client needs to ensure their satisfaction and continued growth of the business. You will collaborate with internal colleagues and partners, as well as be the point of contact to DCG and sub-contractor team members to execute deliverables across multiple workstreams including crisis communications, social/digital media, executive messaging, public and media affairs, speaker support, congressional affairs, creative services (branding and collateral development), and business operations support (SharePoint and content management). The ideal candidate will be expected to support proposal activities for follow-on work.
Location: Currently the entire DCG team is working virtually due to COVID-19. Once it is safe to return, the Communications Specialist will likely work one to two days per week on the client site or at DCG’s WeWork office conveniently located in Washington, DC.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Interact with senior-level officials such as Senior Executive Service (SES) members
- Support the organization and direction of task order activities, including staffing and financial and proposal management
- Support the preparation and ongoing management of detailed project management plans to track progress
- Monitor project performance with the help of appropriate systems, tools, and techniques
- Support projects from kick-off and initiation to closeout and successful transfer of knowledge
- Prepare reports and present them to senior management as needed
- Draft recommendations based on observation, leadership development best practices, and research
- Support the preparation and review of comprehensive project documentation, including quality assurance plans, checklists, approval sheets for deliverables, comment trackers, etc.
- Ensure the prompt submittal of deliverables required by the task order
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- A Bachelor’s Degree and at least twelve (12) to fifteen (15) years of experience with progressive responsibility managing and being directly responsible for federal communications programs, to include management of at least $5 million budgets
- 5-10 years of experience successfully managing teams of 20 plus personnel, providing enterprise-level campaign design and management
- Management of large-scale, transformative IT implementations
- Experience working or liaising with executive leadership and/or senior agency staff and/or heads of other executive departments and agencies
- Proven experience leading a project involving a diverse team composed of writers, communications professionals, designers, social media specialists, etc.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment; ability to assess and mitigate project risks
- Experience promoting programs, plans, goals, and objectives with stakeholders and maintaining continuous communication with the client relating to contract performance
- Demonstrated ability to oversee, manage, and connect multiple projects and timelines across diverse workstreams in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership, coaching, and team-building skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage direct reports and sub-contractors
- Proven to have outstanding written and oral communication skills to include strong experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide quick turnaround customer requests and perform in high intensity, quick reaction environments
- Demonstrated experience working with SharePoint, Podio, and/or other contemporary PM software
- An understanding of private-sector approach and proven ability to apply in a public sector setting
- Experience supporting a large federal agency
- Proven to be resilient amongst challenging clients
- Certified Program Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience managing large scale creative projects (building client websites, launching public health campaigns)
- Experience supporting the Department of Veteran Affairs or working in the veteran ecosystem
- Experience with full-service information technology (IT) communications programs
- Active Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) Public Trust credentials and ability to access the VA network
- Prior or current experience leading full-service communications projects at VA
What’s in it for you?
DCG prides itself on having a unique and flexible culture. We value hard-working, self-motivated and dedicated employees and are committed to providing an opportunity for tremendous career growth and earning potential.
DCG Life Medium Blog: https://medium.com/dcg-life
DCG Life Instagram: @dcglife
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include the following:
- Health / Vision / Dental Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
- Generous vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Retirement plan with 4% corporate match and 100% vesting from day one
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent, parking, transit)
- 5 days per year towards professional development, training, and conference
DCG Communications (DCG) is a specialized communications consultancy focused on developing influential communications programs to help clients build their brands and enhance their reputations. A majority of our work is with the federal government and we currently support a number of long-term projects with the following agencies: Departments of Veterans Affairs, Defense, State, Homeland Security, Housing & Urban Development, Small Business Administration, U.S. Agency for Global Media, U.S. Coast Guard, and more!
DCG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-13